Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

I have a bit of a panicked query about the 28-day rule, and hoping to get a response here rather than starting a new thread.

I submitted my online application and paid yesterday so: 20/06/19

My husband's last payslip is dated 24/05/19 so my application was submitted on day 28. I just realised this, ideally I would have liked a bit of buffer so there is no ambiguity, am I still ok?

Also, we got bank statements detailling pay that went into his account. Other than transaction dates, the only date that is on this document is the date they were printed in branch (20/06/19 - accompanied by branch stamp with sort code), so there is no way to tell if the most recent statement was issued within the 28 day limit. Can I still use these?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi
I have a question with regards to payslip. I am due to apply for my ILR on the 29th Oct, I normally get pay end of the month so i will be using 6month payslip from April - Sep. My question is that, counting from the last date i was paid my last payslip is more than 28days from my application date. please is that a problem?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi
I have a question with regards to payslip. I am due to apply for my ILR on the 29th Oct, I normally get pay end of the month so i will be using 6month payslip from April - Sep. My question is that, counting from the last date i was paid my last payslip is more than 28days from my application date. please is that a problem?
Yes. It’s a problem. As stated in the 1st post, your most recent payslip can be no more than 28 days old at the time of application.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes. It’s a problem. As stated in the 1st post, your most recent payslip can be no more than 28 days old at the time of application.
Thank you for your response. I can get an e-payslip which shows my employers name on it. Please will that be acceptable ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new here today.

I start gathering bank statements for my wife's spouse visa. I will be using 3 bank accounts to prove my finance. The bank statement issue dates of Bank A, B and C are on 2nd, 12th and 16th each month respectively. I know it is safe to make application between 18th and 30th which comply with the 28-day rule. I am curious because I have to show I have enough funding for at least 6 months prior to the application, it won't be able to cover all 180 days (6 months) with just 6 bank statements because there is a 14 days gap between Bank A and C. So do I just need 6 months bank statements?

Also do I have to add up the daily balance of every accounts to make sure I have more than £62500 every single day?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new here today.

I start gathering bank statements for my wife's spouse visa. I will be using 3 bank accounts to prove my finance. The bank statement issue dates of Bank A, B and C are on 2nd, 12th and 16th each month respectively. I know it is safe to make application between 18th and 30th which comply with the 28-day rule. I am curious because I have to show I have enough funding for at least 6 months prior to the application, it won't be able to cover all 180 days (6 months) with just 6 bank statements because there is a 14 days gap between Bank A and C. So do I just need 6 months bank statements?

Also do I have to add up the daily balance of every accounts to make sure I have more than £62500 every single day?

Thank you in advance.
could you not go to bank A & B on 16th and ask for printed statement up to 16th
(Bank validated stamp) & send all on 18th?
Yes....it is important that your balance does not drop below the required level at any point in the six months.

Good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does this post apply to the new system or not, can some of the moderators reply? You are saying that for premium service the date the application is date of the appointment but does this apply to this new super premium service of £800? It's confusing.

My last payslip was issued 20th Dec and I plan to submit application tomorrow or Thursday since my visa is expiring on 23rd Jan. So from the online submission I should be ok but assuming that appointment will be at some point in the future and after 16th (which is the 28th day from my last payslip) am I still good? I will be using super premium.

If someone can clarify please, thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Could anyone help advise, a bit confused about bank statement dates?

My wife's current FLR (M) expired on 16th April.
We submitted and paid for her application on 4th April.
My most recent payslip we are using is dated 31st March (which is fine, less than 28 days).

However the issue is bank statements showing my salary - these normally come right at the start of the month, however that particular month it was dated 5th April - one day after our application.
Can we use this in our application even though it's dated a day after we applied? As far as I understand all documents should be dated before the date of application? If not then we seem to be stuck and I can't see how we can meet the criteria??

Thanks,

Stuart

·
Registered
11 Posts
From reading through dozens of posts it seems that it's OK to do this, as long as I've been paid within the last 28 days then the bank statement (and payslip) can be more recent than the application date.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Still a little lost, my latest payslip is 2 weeks before the application date and my bank statement shows the same amonunt going into my account on the same day BUT the bank statement itself arrived after my application date as it arrives 3 weeks after payslip.

Is it the date of payment on the bank statement that needs to be within 28 days or the delivery date of the bank statement itself?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
I get paid on the 15th of every month for the whole month,
If I applied on say the 20th with recent wage slip and bank statement,
will that be a problem?
example I got paid 15th September 2020 for whole month of September but i applied on 20th September 2020
Please advice, thanks in advance??

·
Registered
16 Posts
When Should I apply for ILR?

Hey guys,
I arrived here in UK on 20th September 2015 but it has a stamped on my passport saying "Valid from" 11 Sep 2015
And my FLR brp card said valid until 11 dec 2020.

When should i apply for my ILR? 28 days before 11 dec? I'm confuse! Any help will great

Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
The soonest day to apply is the 20 September minus 28 days .

Date of entry 20 September 2015
5 years anniversary 20 September 2020
Soonest day to apply is 20 September 2020 minus 28 days

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi everyone,

So I thought I would be submitting my application this week but I need to wait until tuesday next week because I have to verify something.

Question is:

If my last payslip is showing 27 Nov 2020, would it be okay to submit my online application on the 22nd Dec 2020 (next tuesday)?

Thank you for all the support & love 🙏🌸

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
The date you pay for and submit the online application

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Might sound silly but I have only paid IHS so far so is it when you do the other fee. I just kept it on hold for few more days as waiting for money to land into my account.
Please read the 1st post in the sticky.

301 - 320 of 326 Posts