Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
281 - 300 of 326 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi, Is it only financial documents that go under the 28 day rule, do employers letter, property report or land registry need to be dated within 28 days?
My last payslip is 30 July 2018, if i submit on 26 August 2018, will that be within 28 days?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Please read the 1st post in the sticky.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good afternoon all.

My wife is about to renew her FLR(M) and we're planning a premium centre application. So, just to clarify the 28 day financial rule so we book a suitable day..

* I get paid on the 20th of each month (19th this October)
* Payslip will be dated 'Period end date' 31st October
* I get my bank statement on the 22nd of each month

So if we use the October payslip would I count forwards from the 19th or 20th to get the 28 day window.? Making it either 16th or 17th Nov? Our other option is to wait for the November payslip and apply early December.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can anyone help on this one please.? It has been suggested to me that my bank statement will be the oldest so I should count from the 22nd. This would be good as it makes our proposed window a little bigger, but just need to make sure ! Many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can someone explain the 28 day rule?
if i receive payslip on 1st day of month.
will 28th day of month is valid? 26 days in between 1 and 28
will 29th day of month is valid? 27 days in between 1 and 29
will 30th day of month is valid? 28 days in between 1 and 30
31th day of month will not be valid as 29 days in between 1 and 31

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good afternoon all.

My wife is about to renew her FLR(M) and we're planning a premium centre application. So, just to clarify the 28 day financial rule so we book a suitable day..

* I get paid on the 20th of each month (19th this October)
* Payslip will be dated 'Period end date' 31st October
* I get my bank statement on the 22nd of each month

So if we use the October payslip would I count forwards from the 19th or 20th to get the 28 day window.? Making it either 16th or 17th Nov? Our other option is to wait for the November payslip and apply early December.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Look buddy you are thinking about it in the wrong terms. Each document should be no older than 28 days, so pick a date that you dont have to rely on a document older than 28 days, seems like in this case it will be the bank statement eg 22 october plus 28 days.

normally i'd say payslip date but if it doesnt have any date except a future 31/10 date then good for you i guess

normally payslips have actual payment date on them in which case it woudl be that date so 19 october plus 28 days

****Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just want to make something clear while I am on this forum.
I think there is a lot of confusion.
Immigration rules do not prescribe any minimum or maximum days before or after which one can apply for FLR(M).
There is no requirement that it be no earlier than 30 days before certain date or 28 days or whatever these are all folk myths.
You can apply virtually at any moment. Hey, you can apply every month and get a new leave so long as you pay application fee and meet the requirements.
HOWEVER the myths have a foundation behind them.
You will be granted new 30 months from whenever your application happens to be decided.
And for ILR you will need 5 years IN THE UK.
So apply for extension in such a manner that 2.5 years from the date your application is likely to be decided, the applicant will have been in the UK for 5 years counting from their ENTRY.
I said it and I feel better. 42 pages!!!
Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm booked for Premium service appointment on November 21st and scheduled to receive a paycheck on October 24th. However, my payslips do not say the date of payment. But the bank statement will show the date of deposit. Is this ok? In general, is it fine for payslips not to say the date of payment?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello. Iam exempted from meeting the financial requirement but have to meet the adequate maintenance. I have everything that needs to be sent except i do not know how to do the calculations of the benefits i receive to show my living cost, Kindly, please, is there anyone who would help me how to write it down, to make it clear for the person handling my application. This is what i receive

Carers weekly allowance: £64.60
Income support every two wks : £89.00
Childtax credit weekly: £234.64
Child benefit monthly: £247.20
Dla monthly care: £229.20
Housing benefit :£357.00(paid directly to landlord)

I pay £12 council tax each month.

How do i exactly put these calculation in words?

·
Registered
40 Posts
what is the Application date using the new online process & UKVI centre

Hi

I intend to be applying for ILR. I will have to apply online using the new system and then visit one of the new UKVI centres.
I need to know what will be classed as the application date? the date I submit application online or the appointment date at the centre ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
Glad I found this forum
I am applying for a spouse visa outside of Uk.

I actually just had my first application refused due to home office error. They claimed that I failed to supply a divorce certificate to confirm that my now wife previous marriage has been dissolved. The problem is, it was their fault because I did supply the divorce certificate and translation for it.

At this point I am considering applying once again. I think I may use 5 of the last bank statements + 5 of the last payslips and adding FEBRUARY statement and payslip.
My wife last bank statment is dated 12th of February. Should i be able to apply ONLINE up until 12th of March then? And book the appointment at the visa centre for the following week or so?
Considering the 28 days rule .... Would I have any problems?
thank you very much indeed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
28 day rule!

Hiya! It’s almost that time again to apply for my FLRM. My current spouse visa expires on 8th May. I’ve not yet applied to renew it and will be doing my online application tomorrow. Please can someone refresh my memory about this whole 28 day rule? The payslips I’ll have will be from nov 2018-april 30 2019. Will that suffice? Am I applying too late or am I still make it on time? I’ve not done the new online system yet so I don’t know what to expect!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hiya! It’s almost that time again to apply for my FLRM. My current spouse visa expires on 8th May. I’ve not yet applied to renew it and will be doing my online application tomorrow. Please can someone refresh my memory about this whole 28 day rule? The payslips I’ll have will be from nov 2018-april 30 2019. Will that suffice? Am I applying too late or am I still make it on time? I’ve not done the new online system yet so I don’t know what to expect!
Please read the 1st post in the sticky.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,
I've read the first post in the sticky but just want to clarify something as it was written before the new system started. I hope that's okay.
I've paid the extra fee for SET(M) so we don't have to waith 6 months for a response - Is that the equivalent of the the premium centre application (same-day, in-person in UK) referred to in Joppa's post ?
I'm trying to find out what our date of application is and am hoping it's today (I just paid the fee) but want to make completely sure it's not our appointment date instead (as it was for the premium centre appointments).
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help with this as I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Thank you

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi,
I've read the first post in the sticky but just want to clarify something as it was written before the new system started. I hope that's okay.
I've paid the extra fee for SET(M) so we don't have to waith 6 months for a response - Is that the equivalent of the the premium centre application (same-day, in-person in UK) referred to in Joppa's post ?
I'm trying to find out what our date of application is and am hoping it's today (I just paid the fee) but want to make completely sure it's not our appointment date instead (as it was for the premium centre appointments).
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help with this as I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Thank you
Yes same as Joppa's post....
There is a small excess fee to book on certain dates & times like for night or weekend appointments... you choose as you book your appointment date & time....main one is
The premium service cost is circa £800 and this offers decision on same day or maybe a few days later in some cases but no longer than that.....it doesn't make it easier but certainly quicker. :)

Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for replying DED but I'm a bit confused - Are you saying that my official application date will definitely be the date of the biometrics and documents check appointment, not the date I submitted the application form and paid online ?

I need to know because if it is then I'll have to get an extra bank statement and pay slip printed and verified as it's another 3 weeks until our appointment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for replying DED but I'm a bit confused - Are you saying that my official application date will definitely be the date of the biometrics and documents check appointment, not the date I submitted the application form and paid online ?

I need to know because if it is then I'll have to get an extra bank statement and pay slip printed and verified as it's another 3 weeks until our appointment.

My understanding is that your date of application is from when you submitted and paid online. your application (form) online will not allow amendments after that date.
If you want to be pro active and if easily achievable...you could get extra bank statement and payslip and take with you to your personal appointment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks, I hope you're right as getting the extra documents will be quite difficult. That's why I want to be sure if it's necessary or not.
In the OP Joppa said that the application date was that of the appointment for Premium applications and I just wondered if that also applied to those of us who've paid the extra £800 in the new system.

·
Registered
117 Posts
28 day rule, from the date of appointment or application

My understanding is that your date of application is from when you submitted and paid online. your application (form) online will not allow amendments after that date.
If you want to be pro active and if easily achievable...you could get extra bank statement and payslip and take with you to your personal appointment.
I just finished (and got approved) for my ILR Visa. My visa expired on May 29, so we submitted the week before. It was from the date of application they count. So if you have bank statements that pass the 28 day criteria they don't count the time in between your application and appointment.

281 - 300 of 326 Posts