Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Generally speaking, your most recent payslip and corresponding bank statement must be no older than 28 days on the date of your online application. It's not 28 days before biometric appointment and submission of documents. In the case of premium centre application (same-day, in-person in UK), it's on the date of appointment. This is to ensure that on the date of application, your financial evidence is as up-to-date as possible, reflecting the fact that you are able to meet the financial requirement. The only exception is when you apply under Category F or G for self-employment income, where financial documents must arise from the last completed financial year. This also applies to any additional employment income you are submitting in order to bridge the shortfall. It is also highly recommended that your letter of employment is also dated within 28 days.
Other documents generally are not subject to this rule, but naturally they are expected to be up to date.

For FLR (M) by post or courier:

The date you send if by post. The date of delivery when using a courier.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Moderators. Can you please clarify the "date of online application"?

In the visa4uk website, the application is in stages as below:
1. Application Completed
2. Declaration Signed
3. BRP Collection Location
4. Book Appointment
5. Pay for IHS
6. Pay for Application
7. Print Application

Is the "date of online application" the date when all 7 steps are complete/thicked/green? The reason I'm asking is because we have completed steps 1-3, but we are having bank issues and unable to pay until it is sorted and will probably take at least 1 more week. We might not make the 28-day rule by then.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Generally speaking, your most recent payslip and corresponding bank statement must be no older than 28 days on the date of your online application. It's not 28 days before biometric appointment and submission of documents. This is to ensure that on the date of application, your financial evidence is as up-to-date as possible, reflecting the fact that you are able to meet the financial requirement. The only exception is when you apply under Category F or G for self-employment income, where financial documents must arise from the last completed financial year. This also applies to any additional employment income you are submitting in order to bridge the shortfall. It is also highly recommended that your letter of employment is also dated within 28 days.
Other documents generally are not subject to this rule, but naturally they are expected to be up to date.
Does the 28-day rule apply to low risk nationals? I'm coming to England from the U.S. on the 1st of September (nervously waiting to get my (priority) Visa application back). If from a "low-"risk" Country, do you just have to show the funds to cover for the duration in your account if they question at the border? Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
28-day rule applies to everyone if you are submitting financial evidence to do with your current employment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
But it's a tier 4 PBS visa, so I think it's slightly different. There's no current employment evidence needed as far as I know (just tuition and maintenance). I hope I'm correct and didn't miss anything major on my application.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You didn't state that. We are here talking about family route, which is subject to financial requirement. PBS visas have completely different requirement. We are both correct. You just didn't make your situation clear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do I understand it correct that:

- the most recent bank statement should be less than 28 days old, but the oldest one can be more than 28 days old?

- the date of application is, as well, the date when I apply at premium service centre?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
#1 Of course! You can't have a 6-month old statement dated within 28 days?
#2 For those applying in UK at premium centre, yes. For those applying abroad, date of online application.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do I understand it correct that:

- the most recent bank statement should be less than 28 days old, but the oldest one can be more than 28 days old?

- the date of application is, as well, the date when I apply at premium service centre?

Thanks!
I would like to rephrase my 1st question:

- the most recent bank statement should be less than 28 days old, but the oldest one can be more than 28 days old (this applies only to copies authenticated by bank stamp which bears the date of authentication - and this date is more than 28 days)?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just seeking a clarification.

We are applying for an extension after the initial 30 months spouse visa from within the UK

I have booked and paid for the premium appointment online already.
Paid the ihs as well online

The visa don't runs out till first week of October 2015. The appointment is in the 3rd week of September 2015. We had to book this to make sure the date was available due to holiday system at our work place.

As per above, the application made at premium centre - I would need paperwork (payslips, bank statements etc) to go back 12 months (will be applying using category B as my contract and pay was changed (increased) from previous contract with same employer) from the date I booked and paid for the appointment?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Generally speaking, your most recent payslip and corresponding bank statement must be no older than 28 days on the date of your online application. It's not 28 days before biometric appointment and submission of documents. This is to ensure that on the date of application, your financial evidence is as up-to-date as possible, reflecting the fact that you are able to meet the financial requirement. The only exception is when you apply under Category F or G for self-employment income, where financial documents must arise from the last completed financial year. This also applies to any additional employment income you are submitting in order to bridge the shortfall. It is also highly recommended that your letter of employment is also dated within 28 days.
If 28 days applies to monthly payslips, what is the general rule if you are paid weekly?
Thank you for the general information, Joppa, particularly with regard to employer's letters. mine seems puzzled as to why he has to write a letter when I already have a contract. to be honest I'm not sure either!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the letter is just to ensure you have rock solid evidence of your current employment (with who, since when, as what, for how much etc). Many people have contracts from when they first joined a company, but they could be many years old, and you are not always issued with a new contract if you are given a payrise or a promotion etc. I think the combined evidence of payslips (and corresponding bank statements) plus your employment contract and a recent letter from your employer means that there is little room for the ECO to doubt your employment (assuming the numbers are right!).

I'm not 100% sure about your payslip question, I get paid fortnightly and submitted the latest payslip and a bank printed partial statement (showing the latest pay going into my account) from 4 days before submitting the online application. This seemed like the logical thing to do... We're waiting for our application to be reviewed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for replying,crazycatlady. I will try to do some more research on this. My contract is brand new, as the business has a new owner, from the beginning I explained the situation and have been working a sixty hour week to meet the income requirement. Last year I only managed £17,000, so what my employer says about my intended hours etc is important. I'm going to keep some copies of weekly rotas as well, to show that it's not just overtime. I don't know if it will help or not, but anything is worth trying.

1 - 20 of 325 Posts