Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

My fiancee (US Citizen) and I are getting married next month (17th August) and we have our FLR(M) premium processing appointment booked for the following week (23rd August). She's currently on a Tier-4 student visa which expires in January.

My question is around the 28 day period which all payslips and bank statements need to be dated. We are applying based on my salaried income.

My bank (NatWest) issue my statements on the 23rd of each month, meaning my most recent statement before our appointment will be 23rd of July. This is more than 28 days before our appointment – is this going to be an issue? Obviously I won't be able to get my 23rd August statement printed and verified before our appointment as it's the same day.

Similarly, I get my payslips on the 25th of each month, which again is more than 28 days before our appointment, and I won't have received my August payslip before then.

I expect this must be a fairly common issue, but I've been unable to find any similar posts.

To summarise, my questions are:

- will my most recent payslip be accepted, even though it's more than 28 days old?
- will my most recent bank statement be accepted, even though it's more than 28 days old?
- If neither will be accepted, does anyone have any suggestions to what our options are?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,188 Posts
Have a look at the 28 day rule financial documents sticky at the top of this branch... it should cover all of the salient points regarding financials and the UKVI immigration process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at the 8 day rule financial document sticky at the top of this branch... it should cover all of the salient points regarding financials and the UKVI immigration process.
I have seen and read that post, however it does not seem to cover my particular issue. It does confirm that the 28 day period is enforced, but does not confirm whether documents are acceptable outside of the 28 day period if they're still the most recently issued document.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The rules are pretty black and white regarding the 28 day period for financial documents. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it and I'd re-book the appointment.

I also suggest you ring up your bank and have your statement date to be a couples days after your pay day. At the moment the bank statement that matches the corresponding pay slip is dated 29 days after said pay slip, so you'd never be able to submit both and be within the time frame.

You have plenty of time to switch over from your soon to be wife's Tier 4, so I suggest planning all the dates so you're comfortably within the 28 days and re-booking.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I agree with hippoman. Change your appointment to a date when you can provide a pay slip and bank statement that are no more than 28 days old. Her Tier 4 diesn't expire until January. You have plenty of time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help so far folks, it's been really useful.

You're right that we have plenty of time; the only reason we have the appointment booked so soon is to help my fiancee's chances for finding a graduate job, she's been turned down twice now because of her immigration status. We are aware we can postpone our appoint if we really have to though!

I've spoken with NatWest this evening, and they tell me they can post me a transaction history for any given date range regardless of when my statements are issued so that should suffice for my financial evidence within the 28 day period if I request it next month.

I've also checked my payslips and they're actually dated the 27th (I assumed 25th as they're actually issued a couple of days before payday). That will make my most recent payslip exactly 28 days before our appoint – just safe!

Do you think given the above, we're now good for our appointment, or is it still worth postponing?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ensure that the transactions history is on headed paper or stamped.

By my calculations your pay slip is 27 days before the appointment, so that works out. But it's the date it's paid into your bank account that's equally important, so check that too.

Don't forgot the employment letter, which also needs to be within 28 days.

I suggest you post a list of evidence for checking here before your appointment. I recently switched my wife (also American!) from her Tier 4 to Spousal - I wrote about it and the evidence we used here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ensure that the transactions history is on headed paper or stamped.

By my calculations your pay slip is 27 days before the appointment, so that works out. But it's the date it's paid into your bank account that's equally important, so check that too.

Don't forgot the employment letter, which also needs to be within 28 days.

I suggest you post a list of evidence for checking here before your appointment. I recently switched my wife (also American!) from her Tier 4 to Spousal - I wrote about it and the evidence we used here.
Yes the transaction history should be on headed paper. NatWest confirm that it's a legal document and it's their standard procedure for use as legal evidence of earnings and/or proof of address.

Ah yes, I miscalculated by a day, so we're definitely in the green for the payslips! I've emailed my HR department today to confirm that they'll be able to supply the verified payslips (I usually receive them electronically) along with the supporting letter when I require them.

Thanks for sharing your list, I'll be sure to post mine once we've put it all together. I'm sure I'll have another question or two before then though :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.