Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Quick question about bank statements/payslips.

My wife has applied for the visa and is waiting for her biometrics appointment. We were slightly taken aback to find that there is a 2 week deadline to get the documents to the Sheffield office from the date of the biometrics. Here date is Wed the 23rd.

My bank is difficult in that they will only send statements and no stamping in branch. It takes 10 days to come (working). I just received my bank statements and they most recent transaction is Oct 1st. This is my checking account. I have requested for my savings account also today as even though they say 'transfer to saving' I worry that they will not realise I am not spending hundreds of pounds but saving it instead.

When they say 31 days to be the cut off for last transaction, is this from the date of the application or from when they receive the documents? I feel it would be near impossible for me to get them there in time if it is from date of receipt since there is a 10 day wait with my bank to even receive them.

Shall I have my wife reschedule the biometrics so that we can get the new statement or will this be okay?

Any advice would be great thanks!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Try a different branch.... or even a different person in the branch. I got different answers each time I went into the same branch and worked with the person who was willing to fulfill my request!

Failing that if you have to wait for statements to arrive then I would suggest you reschedule the biometrics to ensure things go to plan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.