Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members,

I have 70 points as below

• Age – 30
• Edu – 15
• Experience – 10
• IELTS – 10
• Partner skill - 5 ==== Total – 70

1. But, my skill is in CSOL, am I eligible & apply for Skilled Independent visa – 189?
2. If not eligible, which state is applicable for the sponsorship for 262111 – Database admin?
3. or can i apply for both 189 & 190 ?

Please guide me on this,

Thanks in Advance !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Naresh,

1. No
2. VIC and NSW Stream 2
3. You can apply only for 190 and not 189.

Go ahead and file an EOI for VIC and wait patiently for the invite. Once you get a pre-invite from the Dept of Jobs, Australia asking you to submit a visa nomination for VIC. Log onto LiveInVictoria website and submit the application for visa nomination.

I hope this helps!

Also, your partner should belong to the 190 subclass for you to claim the 5 partner skills points. Did she have a positive assessment from ACS and under what subclass her ANZSCO code falls?

If her code belong to 189 then you cannot claim 5 partner skills. Also, her english score must be competent level in addition to positive ACS assessment.

Thanks,
Harsha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Harsha,

partner skill under - 262113 - Systems Administrator

So, Can i apply for both MSW & VIC for sponsorship ???

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes, you can apply for both via individual EOI. However, once you receive a pre-invite from either VIC or NSW, it is advised to immediately suspend your other EOI.

The theory is that states like applicants who have a genuine interest in living and workin in their state and not applicants who are looking for state sponsorship as merely a way of earning 5 points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts