Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

This thread is for the ones who are in the process of applying for 189/190 PR visa under 261313- S/W Engineer in the coming months..
Pls share ur progress here..

To start with, i have cleared my IELTS (S:7 R:7.5 L:8 W:7 O:7.5) and got a '+ve' assessment from ACS on 20 Nov 13 ..I got 65 points n will be applying for 'EOI' in the coming weeks..:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,

This thread is for the ones who are in the process of applying for 189/190 PR visa under 261313- S/W Engineer in the coming months..

To start with, i have cleared my IELTS (S:7 R:7.5 L:8 W:7 O:7.5) and got a '+ve' assessment from ACS on 20 Nov 13 ..I got 65 points n will be applying for 'EOI' in the coming weeks..:fingerscrossed:
Cool Bravokal, wish you all the best
I am also in the same boat but relatively far behind (same code 261313).
I had cleared my IELTS(L:8 R:9 W:7 S:8) and have applied for ACS on 21-Nov-2013. So another 12 weeks to go before this moves ahead. So when did you push your application to ACS?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool Bravokal, wish you all the best
I am also in the same boat but relatively far behind (same code 261313).
I had cleared my IELTS(L:8 R:9 W:7 S:8) and have applied for ACS on 21-Nov-2013. So another 12 weeks to go before this moves ahead. So when did you push your application to ACS?

Hey john,

thnx mate..well,i pushed for my ACS on 20 Aug 2013..took exactly 3 months(20 Nov 2013) for the assessment..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Applied for ACS assessment on Oct 5. Waiting for the IELTS results on Dec 4. Need band 7 :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Applied for ACS assessment on Oct 5. Waiting for the IELTS results on Dec 4. Need band 7 :)

Ok great..hope you get the result you want :fingerscrossed:..goodluck!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good luck..chennaiguy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there no one else applying for 261313-189 visa here..??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys..i am also in a similar kind of a situation. ACS assessment is not done. may be this week or early by next week will lodge for assessment. Meanwhile got overall 7 for IELTS. (L-7.5, R-7, W-7, S-7) .
Best of luck to all in the forum. Hope everyone get great results!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys..i am also in a similar kind of a situation. ACS assessment is not done. may be this week or early by next week will lodge for assessment. Meanwhile got overall 7 for IELTS. (L-7.5, R-7, W-7, S-7) .

I m sure everyone here will get the result they want!! :fingerscrossed::)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Guys,

I m in the same situation ..IELTS, ACS cleared and will be applying for EOI soon..:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I m in the same situation ..IELTS, ACS cleared and will be applying for EOI soon..:fingerscrossed:
Hey kalch99, when did you file your ACS and when did you receive the assessment? Well all the best with your EOI :)

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey kalch99, when did you file your ACS and when did you receive the assessment? Well all the best with your EOI :)

Cheers,
John
Hey john,

I got my ACS clearance on 18 Nov 2013,took 3 months for the same..thanks..and all the best to you as well..cheers!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi All

I have applied for acs on 10th nov for software engineer category.
Presently preparing for IELTS.please share some tips as you guys have scored 7 in each band and I am also aiming for the same.

All the best !!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi All

I have applied for acs on 10th nov for software engineer category.
Presently preparing for IELTS.please share some tips as you guys have scored 7 in each band and I am also aiming for the same.

All the best !!
Hi,
What is the current state of IT market there for developers ?
I was told by some of my friends that it is not encouraging. If this is true, when can we expect the market to bounce back ?

Thanks,
Mattooose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
What is the current state of IT market there for developers ?
I was told by some of my friends that it is not encouraging. If this is true, when can we expect the market to bounce back ?

Thanks,
Mattooose
DeaR Mattooose,
see ..if you look at any job market there is difficulty in getting a good job. even if you get one it may not be the one which suites you. so its all about how well you face the challenges and bit of luck. not only in IT..jobs in every sector is dull. you neeed to fight out to get one. Brace the challenges :D

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i got assessed for ICT business analyst. since its reaching its occupation level and i am only at 60 points . i am planing to chnage my assessment skills.

do you think i can be assessed for software enginner or analyst programmer sinc ei have completed my MASTERS OF BUSINESS - ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING SYSTEMS FROM VICTORIA UNIVERSITY , MELBOURNE

·
Registered
68 Posts

what are you planning to get assessed under ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any Software Engineers who are launching their EOI soon?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts