Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am very new to this forum. Please forgive me if I am asking things that were already answered. I am in a great confusion and seeking answers.

I am starting this thread to keep a track of people with CODE: 261313 Software Engineer EOI. As I couldn't specifically find information about 261313.

Here are my questions:
1. I have 55 + 5 points. What are the possibilities of getting an Invite?
2. As per my agent (Y-axis, Hyderabad): I should receive an invite in one or two weeks as most of his other clients are getting invites. Is this really true?
3. Can I trust these agents? I was waiting from 6 weeks thinking that I should recieve an email anytime until I found this forum. Please help. I have already made complete payment though!!:confused:
4. I have also applied for Tasmania 489 regional (TR), is that a good move?
Can I go to Tasmania on 489 and find a job there? (I would do that only if I don't get response from NSW and VIC).

Total points: 55 + 5 (ss)= 60
ANZSCO: 261313 Software Engineer
PTE: 10,
Edu: 15,
Exp: 0,
Total Exp: 6+ yrs
EOI Filed: 14 Aug 2017

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. Very very slim to none.
2. Not true at all.
3. Agents like Y-Axis, no. Never trust them. Sorry to say this, but you are at a huge loss by having paid them so much money. We all here know many 55 pointers who waited in vain and even had their EOIs expired (after 2 years) without any invitation; and that was 2015. It has become even more difficult these days.
4. Don't know. Never researched the TAS job market, but I guess it would be difficult to find employment there in your occupation. You should also study their 489 eligibility criteria: Subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Very very slim to none.
2. Not true at all.
3. Agents like Y-Axis, no. Never trust them. Sorry to say this, but you are at a huge loss by having paid them so much money. We all here know many 55 pointers who waited in vain and even had their EOIs expired (after 2 years) without any invitation; and that was 2015. It has become even more difficult these days.
4. Don't know. Never researched the TAS job market, but I guess it would be difficult to find employment there in your occupation. You should also study their 489 eligibility criteria: Subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
Thank you for the information.
I am in a big shock. I just trusted them seeing reviews. Thanks again for confirming.
I am planning to take PTE again. That's the only way out for me.:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello guys,

I am very new to this forum. Please forgive me if I am asking things that were already answered. I am in a great confusion and seeking answers.

I am starting this thread to keep a track of people with CODE: 261313 Software Engineer EOI. As I couldn't specifically find information about 261313.

Here are my questions:
2. As per my agent (Y-axis, Hyderabad): I should receive an invite in one or two weeks as most of his other clients are getting invites. Is this really true?
3. Can I trust these agents? I was waiting from 6 weeks thinking that I should recieve an email anytime until I found this forum. Please help. I have already made complete payment though!!:confused:
Can I go to Tasmania on 489 and find a job there? (I would do that only if I don't get response from NSW and VIC).

With the 60 points you cant get the invite for 261313 code. Do not trust the agents blindly. You can try for PTE 20 points. By the have you done ACS assessment and what is your educational background?.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello guys,

Here are my questions:

1. Never in 189.

2. No they totally lied to you. It is never happening even with 60 points. With 65, you may have some chances but you will have to wait some time. No one has gotten any invite but with 65 points or more in the last 1.5 years.

3. Well the email will never come.

4. I am not sure exactly how 489 works, but according to SkillSelect, for pro ratas no one will be invited in 489 since all invites are taken by 189. NSW 190 won't work either.

Try other state for 190.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. Never in 189.

2. No they totally lied to you. It is never happening even with 60 points. With 65, you may have some chances but you will have to wait some time. No one has gotten any invite but with 65 points or more in the last 1.5 years.

3. Well the email will never come.

4. I am not sure exactly how 489 works, but according to SkillSelect, for pro ratas no one will be invited in 489 since all invites are taken by 189. NSW 190 won't work either.

Try other state for 190.
#4: You are absolutely right about 489 in OPs case (occupation). 2613 being pro rated, 489 invitations won't happen so long as there are applicants from 189 to take over the available seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the 60 points you cant get the invite for 261313 code. Do not trust the agents blindly. You can try for PTE 20 points. By the have you done ACS assessment and what is your educational background?.
Yes. ACS done in June.
I did my graduation in ECE. So they deducted 4 years of my experience.
Ended up with 2.5 years. So, no points.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to take PTE next month. If I am able to make it to Superior score,
How long will it take to get an invite with 70 NSW??

·
Registered
16 Posts
261313 - subclass 189 - 65 points

I submitted EoI yesterday (23 Sep 2017) for ANZSCO code 261313.
Subclass 189 - 65 points
Subclass 190 - 70 points

Will it take months for me to receive an invite? Any guesses?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I submitted EoI yesterday (23 Sep 2017) for ANZSCO code 261313.
Subclass 189 - 65 points
Subclass 190 - 70 points

Will it take months for me to receive an invite? Any guesses?
Nobody can say for sure about 190 (if or when that will happen).

For your 189 at 65 points, for the first time since long, points requirement for 2613 has come down to 65 and the backlog moved by 1 month in a month. Assuming the best of all things and assuming the same trend continues, it will take 6 months to move from its current stage (end Mar) to your EOI date (end Sep).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello guys,

Here are my questions:

Hi, I have also applied for Tasmania 489 nomination on 23 Aug and awaiting the decision. You have mentioned the EOI date to be 14 Aug, is it for SkillSelect or Tasmania?

Also please share whether you have received a decision on your Tasmania nomination. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello guys,

Here are my questions:
3. Can I trust these agents? I was waiting from 6 weeks thinking that I should recieve an email anytime until I found this forum. Please help. I have already made complete payment though!!

Hi, I have also applied for Tasmania 489 nomination on 23 Aug and awaiting the decision. You have mentioned the EOI date to be 14 Aug, is it for SkillSelect or Tasmania?

Also please share whether you have received a decision on your Tasmania nomination. Thanks
Yes. Aug 14 for Tasmania too.
No, I haven't heard anything from them yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have received an email from TAS today.
Can anyone please tell me what this exactly mean.

Here is what it says:
Application for TAS Nomination - Case Officer Assigned
Your application for Tasmanian Government nomination of a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) has been assigned to a case officer. Assessment of your application has now commenced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have received an email from TAS today.
Can anyone please tell me what this exactly mean.

Here is what it says:
Application for TAS Nomination - Case Officer Assigned
Your application for Tasmanian Government nomination of a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) has been assigned to a case officer. Assessment of your application has now commenced.
"Hi Mano, did you receive the outcome from Tasmania?"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Hi Mano, did you receive the outcome from Tasmania?"
I have no clue what went wrong here. Do we need a job offer to apply?

Tasmanian Government Nomination Recommendation – NOT SUPPORTED

We refer to your application for Tasmanian Government nomination of a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489). Based on the information you have provided, the Tasmanian Government has not agreed to support your application for state nomination. This decision does not preclude other State or Territory Governments sponsoring you for a visa.

Reason for Recommendation:

You are welcome to re apply after 3 months if still eligible.

Please be advised that due to limited nomination places, applications for state nomination undergo a competitive process. Meeting any of our minimum nomination requirements does not guarantee nomination. Applications may be prioritised using various further criteria to meet the state's immediate concerns with regards to skill shortages.

Applications that fulfil the following requirements are being prioritised:

Your nominated occupation is listed on the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List
You have secured employment in your nominated occupation in Tasmania
You are offered a genuine job in an industry sector experiencing skills shortage in Tasmania
You have a higher level of English proficiency than ‘Competent English’
You and your dependants are physically living in Tasmania
You have work experience in your nominated occupation

1 - 20 of 30 Posts