Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Expats,

I am in a stressful situation and expecting some valuable advice through this forum. I haven't received the invitation so far and seems difficult to get one because the results of previous rounds are not very promising. See my points below:

Edu: 15
Exp: 10 (3+ years in Sydney on 457 and still working for same employer)
Eng: 10
Spouse: 5

Total: 65 (for 189) & 70 (for 190)
EOI: 07-July-2017

My only worry is, I will loose 10 points for my age in two weeks which will actually throw me out of the current queue of 65 points :(

Please advise.. :confused:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello Expats,

I am in a stressful situation and expecting some valuable advice through this forum. I haven't received the invitation so far and seems difficult to get one because the results of previous rounds are not very promising. See my points below:

My only worry is, I will loose 10 points for my age in two weeks which will actually throw me out of the current queue of 65 points :(

Only option I see is getting extra 10 Superior English points.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello Expats,

Current unofficial DOE cut off is 30th March and you submitted your EOI on 7th July. It is impossible for you to get an invite in next two invitation rounds at least.
Zaback21 gave you the best advice to get 10 extra points for English but that will throw you further in the queue as you'll lose 10 points for age in two weeks and if you score 10 extra points in English, you'll have to update your IELTS/PTE Reference number. But then, that is the best possible option you have right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sound advice. Extra language points seem like the only option. You might get bumped in the queue, but at least it will keep you in the queue. Best of luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello Expats,

I am really confused with your query.
You will loose 10 points only when you are 40 and above. In that case, you will get 15 points only. Between 33-39, you will get 25 points.

But if you are 40+, I assume you should have at least 8+ years of experience which will give you 15 points in work experience.
But, you say you have got only 10 points. This makes your work experience below 8 years.

So, it doesn't fall in line. With 40+ age, it doesn't make sense to have a 261313 experience below 8 years.

And,
This is what I understand:
Education: 15
Work Exp: 10 ( Is it 5 points for Overseas Exp and 5 points for Australia?)
Australian Exp: 5* ( Subject to above answer)
Spouse : 5

Total: 65 / 70

1 - 5 of 5 Posts