Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As first round of invitations for 2015-16 year is out, Skill select website still shows details for 19th June round only. It is not updated yet.

My question is, till what date people with 65 points in 2613 have received invitation?

I made a small mistake while submitting my EOI, My skilled experience was considered from Jul-2010, so this 1st July it would have given me 5-8 years range and gave me 65 points, but when I submitted my EOI on first week of June, I selected that specific date as my end date of employment. But later i realized my mistake and kept end date blank as I am still in the same company. But I did this on 1st of July.

In Mid of August, I'll loose 5 points for age as I will complete 33 and will again come to 60 points.

My question is what are my chances with 65 points getting an invitation if round is conducted on or before 12th August?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
From our observations, a few 2613/ 65 pointers from 26 or 27 June did not receive the invite and all before this date have been invited. So, it is not that far away from you if you now have 65 points. Do you? Or you reckon the system will award you 65 at the end of July or first or August? If you already have 65 today, then I am sure you will get invited in August.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

My skilled experience was considered as relevant "after" june 2010. So from July 2015 round onwards it is in 5-8 years category. That makes me with 65 points (Age 32 years=30 points, BE degree=15 points, IELTS 7 in each band so 10 points, 5-8 years of exp=10 points). But on august 13th this year, I'll complete 33 years and hence will loose 5 points for age.

So for July round and August round (if it happens on or before 12th August), i will be at 65 points.
From September round onwards, i will be at 60 points again.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Well July round is all done and finalized. It is only the August round that you can count on, and as said earlier, you have pretty good (almost certain) chances to get invited in August. I think they won't change the dates and it will happen on 06'th August.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have logged SkillSelect app under 189-Independent on June 18, 2015 and claimed 60 points. Do you think I will be invited or not, If no what are the options? Also where can I find more info on how SkillSelect does the selection process? Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
60 Points
EOI applied on 1st May 2015
What are my chances?
Invitation most probably during Nov or Dec. :juggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts