Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First of all, I want to express my sincerely appreciation to everyone here who has been sharing their knowledge and experience to newbies like me. It's extremely easy to understand and is definitely a great help.

Without any further ado, here is my case, I've recently got PTE 79+ and now been preparing my application. I graduated Bachelor of Computer Science last December and started working full-time as a Developer Programmer immediately since then.

Even though I'm still 3 months away from fulfilling ACS skill assessment requirement (1 year exp or PY), I'm really exciting and would like to be well-prepared asap.
So, should I ask my boss for employment letter now? and if so, would that still be acceptable when I apply my skill assessment later this December?

Here is the letter that my manager prepared:

26th of August 2017

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to certify that MY_NAME is currently employed with COMPANY_REGISTERED_NAME, located at COMPANY_ADDRESS. He is currently holding the position of Developer Programmer from the STARTED_DATE up to present.

The following are the key roles and responsibilities of MY_NAME:

• Participate in the entire application development lifecycle, focusing on planning, coding, refactoring, troubleshooting and debugging applications.
• Gather and analyse project requirements, illustrate with class diagrams, use cases and real life scenarios, etc.
• Research, suggest, design and implement solutions for server and restful API micro-services architecture according to the requirements using nodejs, expressjs, loopback.io.
• Provide judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of current client/server systems.
• Write, refactor and maintain high quality code following industry methodology and standards such as Test-driven development, ECMAScript6, eslint.
• Create, maintain and update documentations, internal libraries and reusable components.
• Develop test plans and write automated testings to ensure the system works as expected using Mocha and Jest testing.

Technologies, Tools, Databases, Frameworks/APIs, IDEs, DevOps tools
- Node.js, ExpressJS, Loopback.io, RESTful
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Amazone EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SES, nginx
- Javascript, ES6, JSON , Bootstrap, Redux.js, Redis, React
- Docker, Docker Compose, Webpack, npm, GitHub, Lucidchart
- Mocha, Jest, eslint, babel, TeamCity, WebStorm
- Slack, JIRA

This certification is being issued upon MY_NAME request for his skills assessment and permanent residency application.
Is this letter sufficient for a positive skill assessment?

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hi all,

First of all, I want to express my sincerely appreciation to everyone here who has been sharing their knowledge and experience to newbies like me. It's extremely easy to understand and is definitely a great help.

Without any further ado, here is my case, I've recently got PTE 79+ and now been preparing my application. I graduated Bachelor of Computer Science last December and started working full-time as a Developer Programmer immediately since then.

Even though I'm still 3 months away from fulfilling ACS skill assessment requirement (1 year exp or PY), I'm really exciting and would like to be well-prepared asap.
So, should I ask my boss for employment letter now? and if so, would that still be acceptable when I apply my skill assessment later this December?

You have graduated from Australia or india ?

Cheers

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hi all,

The letter format is absolutely in order.
Just ensure that the name, designation and contact details of the person signing the letter are mentioned
And it is issued on the company letterhead

Whether you will get a positive assessment or not will depend on ACS when they match your education, experience RNR with the requirements of the ANZSCO code

No sense in getting the reference letter so early
ACS will assess you only till the date of the reference letter issue date even if you apply later.

So you should take the reference letter only when you have completed 1 year

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.