Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did anyone get an invitation from any non-pro rata occupation today in 26 July invitation round? I lodged my EOI on 15 July 2017 with 60 points for 233311 Electrical Engineer for 189 independent class visa but didn't get an invitation.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Did anyone get an invitation from any non-pro rata occupation today in 26 July invitation round? I lodged my EOI on 15 July 2017 with 60 points for 233311 Electrical Engineer for 189 independent class visa but didn't get an invitation.
Not sure what is going on and how they are inviting. The trend is hard to tell without occupational ceiling data. It is same for Civil, Telecom, Registered Nurse too.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
The way I feel is, they are inviting irrespective of quota (except 2611 and 2211 and other oversubscribed occupations with higher cut-off points) but more based on points. Hence, why no civil, electrical, telecom or registered nurse at 65 is getting invite as only the 70 pointers got invite this round and mostly 75 the one before.

Only one registered nurse at 70 got invite yesterday.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have got none for Registered Nurse ( NEC) on 60 points. I had submitted EOI on 14th July and I was hoping to get on 26 July round as my friend had got within his first round. They didn't send me any invitation. Registered Nurse has still more than 70% ceilings left for 2016-17, though they didn't invite. I don't know what's going on inside DIBP.
Has anyone got an invitation for registered Nurse on 60 points today?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I have got none for Registered Nurse ( NEC) on 60 points. I had submitted EOI on 14th July and I was hoping to get on 26 July round as my friend had got within his first round. They didn't send me any invitation. Registered Nurse has still more than 70% ceilings left for 2016-17, though they didn't invite. I don't know what's going on inside DIBP.
Has anyone got an invitation for registered Nurse on 60 points today?
They are only inviting the higher pointers first, so mostly 75 was in July 12, 70 in July 26.

Hopefully in 1-4 rounds, you may get your invite.

One registered nurse at 70 got invite yesterday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are only inviting the higher pointers first, so mostly 75 was in July 12, 70 in July 26.

Hopefully in 1-4 rounds, you may get your invite.

One registered nurse at 70 got invite yesterday.
Hii,

I am waiting with 60 points Civil Engineer submitted EOI on 12th Jul'2017 with DOE 12th Jul'17 but not received any invitation i hope that i can get invitation by end of September!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am also in queue for this as I too didnt receive any inivte and I was sure about that so no worries.
As far as I think, the system as usual will seek high pointers first and when the pro-rata occupation ceiling gets filled up, it will start entertaining low pointers like us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Telecom Engineer with 60 points

I am a telecom engineer with 60 points lodged eoi on 27th June and so far with DIBP not releasing any information about the 12th July and 26th July Draw. What would likely be the waiting time before possibility of an invite. Any update on any non-pro rata occupation being invited? Appreciate any possible response

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a telecom engineer with 60 points lodged eoi on 27th June and so far with DIBP not releasing any information about the 12th July and 26th July Draw. What would likely be the waiting time before possibility of an invite. Any update on any non-pro rata occupation being invited? Appreciate any possible response
Hi! :)

Same here. Telecom Eng. Submitted EOI on 15th June/2017 with 60 points.
:fingerscrossed:to get it in the next round.
I thought It would be fast because all my friends got invitations the next round since they submitted their EOI, but this was before reaching the occupation ceiling.

Also waiting for some information about previous round so we can get an idea about how DIBP is working.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I submitted an EOI for materials Engineer (non-pro rata occupation) with 60 points on the 28th of June but I haven't got the invite :/

The website is not updated neither...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi, I submitted an EOI for materials Engineer (non-pro rata occupation) with 60 points on the 28th of June but I haven't got the invite :/

The website is not updated neither...
60 pointers are not getting invited yet. Try next round or 1-2 more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to this fourm , this might be a stupid question please forgive me ...can anyone tell me how to check the pro rata? I can't find a official pro rata website on google...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to this fourm , this might be a stupid question please forgive me ...can anyone tell me how to check the pro rata? I can't find a official pro rata website on google...
SkillSelect

Invitation Rounds

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Does ANZSCO code matters during invitation
Yes. Also does points and ceiling and hence cut-off dates and points if it applies to the specific ANZSCO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lets wait and see and with current trend it seems as if they are indeed inviting higher ranked candidates at the moment, if all goes right i feel 2nd draw of August would be a good chance for 60 points especially in non pro rata occupations.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kanak Makwana

Hi all,

You have to check your ceiling number in ur occupation. This ceiling ratio is for one year (July - June). Let say for example. in ur occupation 1000 is ceiling point. than on PRO RATA basis means every month they need to invite atleast 100 invitees so within 12 months ceiling point 1000 is completed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts