Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends

I am creating this thread to connect with each other and share the information regarding 189/190 Visa Lodgement Process leading up to VISA Grant. Please Join the group and benefit others or/and get benefitted.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am in

I am in -----

16-Jan-2015 - ACS Positive outcome received for 261313
27-Feb-2014 - IELTS| L 7, R 7, W 6, S 7
10-Mar-2015 - PTE-A| L 79, R 84, W 75, S 90
12-Mar-2015 - EOI Submitted with 60 points
XX-XXX-XXXX - Medicals Completed
24-Apr-2015 (12:10 A.M) - Invitation Received
XX-XXX-XXXX- Visa Lodgement
XX-XXX-XXXX - PCC
XX-XXX-XXXX - Grant

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am in -----

16-Jan-2015 - ACS Positive outcome received for 261313
27-Feb-2014 - IELTS| L 7, R 7, W 6, S 7
10-Mar-2015 - PTE-A| L 79, R 84, W 75, S 90
12-Mar-2015 - EOI Submitted with 60 points
XX-XXX-XXXX - Medicals Completed
24-Apr-2015 (12:10 A.M) - Invitation Received
XX-XXX-XXXX- Visa Lodgement
XX-XXX-XXXX - PCC
XX-XXX-XXXX - Grant
Congrats. I told ya you will get the invite today.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in too. I put all the money for PR invite fee in NSE and it has been crashing since then..:-((
Count me in...

Probably I will kick PCC asap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi,

i have work experience(software engineer) from may'06 but in ACS assessment it has been mentioned that experience validated from may'08.

When i submitted my EOI i gave my work experience from may'06 (as it is not mentioned anywhere that experience based on ACS) because of which i got 60 points.

Now my question is whether the experience which i gave from may'06 is valid or should i give my experience from may'08 in EOI as per ACS? i got the invitation today for 189 and i have only 14 days time left to apply.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
hi,

i have work experience(software engineer) from may'06 but in ACS assessment it has been mentioned that experience validated from may'08.

When i submitted my EOI i gave my work experience from may'06 (as it is not mentioned anywhere that experience based on ACS) because of which i got 60 points.

Now my question is whether the experience which i gave from may'06 is valid or should i give my experience from may'08 in EOI as per ACS? i got the invitation today for 189 and i have only 14 days time left to apply.

Thanks.
Invite on 189 has 60 days time to apply and not 14. Can you elaborate how it is 14 for you?

The "?" icon besides the work experience/ employment thing in EOI clearly states that you have to mention the work experience not assessed as "skilled" by your assessing organization, as, "not relevant". If you would have done that, then you would not have been eligible.

A client is considered skilled and therefore eligible for claiming employment points from the date the relevant assessing authority considers a client to be skilled in the nominated occupation.
IMPORTANT: Clients who have an opinion on their skilled employment from the relevant assessing authority should enter employment periods as specified on the letter from the assessing authority.
In this case, do not proceed with the visa application and let the invite elapse and try again later when you have the right amount of points. Over-claimed points would definitely result in visa rejection and a huge monetary loss to you. Has happened a few times with members here. Most recently here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...nt-subclass-189-visa-refused-help-needed.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi all,

I noticed that some people have completed their medicals prior to invite or visa lodge. It might be a stupid question but somehow I'm not finding the thread/link, but can someone help me as to how to organize this health checkup prior to lodging visa?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
8 Posts
regarding visa

hello everybody can anybody tell me i have applied for student visa on 29 march 2015 and have medical on 16 april 2015 ,can anybody tell me when would i get my grant letter ?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi all,

I noticed that some people have completed their medicals prior to invite or visa lodge. It might be a stupid question but somehow I'm not finding the thread/link, but can someone help me as to how to organize this health checkup prior to lodging visa?
Trust me, don't even bother about it until you lodge the visa. Even after that you have around 60 days to do it. Even after that if you don't do it, when CO is assigned to your case, s/he will request you to do it and give you 28 days for the same. More than sufficient time. The reason why PCC and Medicals should not be done so early: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6856466-post58.html

Yes, you can. But why bother so early? IED depends on medicals too. IED = MIN(PCC, Medicals) + 12 months.
This isn't a sure-shot rule though. You can get a shorter IED based on other factors too, but mostly it is this formula. For example, if you did your medicals today on 07.March.2015, your IED would most probably be somewhere near 07.March.2016. Considering current timeframes, it takes somewhere around 60 to 70 days for CO allocation and another month or so after than for the visa. So, it would be somewhere around July that you would get your visa and if you do either your PCC or Medicals now, the visa will have an IED of 07.March.2016- thus leaving you with 8 months to plan for the visa validation trip. Whereas, if you do your PCC and Meds - say 3 months from now in June, then you would have 11 months to plan and undertake the trip. The choice is yours depending on how flexible you can be about traveling to AU to get the visa validated.
Edit: Regarding how to organize health: In your online visa application, you get a link "Organize Health" which gives you a page with the details and most importantly your HAP ID. You have to take a print of this page to the hospital that does visa related health checks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am in too. I am filling my application. As I came through RPL, ACS cut my 6 years of employment. During EOI I put my employment as starting from the date ACS recognized as experience.

Same information is refelected automatically in employment history section in of Application. Should I edit it to reflect actual employment history of should I keep it as it is?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am in too. I am filling my application. As I came through RPL, ACS cut my 6 years of employment. During EOI I put my employment as starting from the date ACS recognized as experience.

Same information is refelected automatically in employment history section in of Application. Should I edit it to reflect actual employment history of should I keep it as it is?
No. As a "skilled" applicant, they are interested in only your "skilled" employment and that is why only that has been copied over from your EOI into your visa application. Also, it would be best to provide supporting documents (same as those given for assessment) for only the period considered as "skilled" by ACS. But, it does not harm to provide all of it. It would only increase the number of files and maybe the processing time a bit (as CO will have to go through all of your documentation).
Do also note that there is an overall limit of 60 files for your visa application. Each file has a limit of 5MB.

In any case, whatever has been set "by default" in the application (employment histories, etc), is recommended to leave as-is. If you think there is any information you want corrected in that, there is another form (929 or 1022 I believe) that has to be submitted stating the change you want to be done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks kida I have a doubt I recently got promoted and my designation is changed now but in the eoi form I mentioned old designation.Will it have any impact now

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks kida I have a doubt I recently got promoted and my designation is changed now but in the eoi form I mentioned old designation.Will it have any impact now
Your promotion, I believe, happened after your ACS assessment, and you are to enter data into the EOI as per your ACS assessment. So, nothing wrong that you have done here. The period after your assessment and until now with your new designation isn't adding any immigration points too I believe, right?

I haven't seen the visa application online system, but from what I know, your skilled employment from your EOI is copied over into your visa application. Leave it at that. If there is an option to add a new row, then use that to add a new row/ record for the period after your assessment until today (i.e. current) and mention your new designation there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No. As a "skilled" applicant, they are interested in only your "skilled" employment and that is why only that has been copied over from your EOI into your visa application. Also, it would be best to provide supporting documents (same as those given for assessment) for only the period considered as "skilled" by ACS. But, it does not harm to provide all of it. It would only increase the number of files and maybe the processing time a bit (as CO will have to go through all of your documentation).
Do also note that there is an overall limit of 60 files for your visa application. Each file has a limit of 5MB.

In any case, whatever has been set "by default" in the application (employment histories, etc), is recommended to leave as-is. If you think there is any information you want corrected in that, there is another form (929 or 1022 I believe) that has to be submitted stating the change you want to be done.
but thats going to produce mismatch between dates on employer's reference letter and those the application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, everyone. I just received the invitation! But I have little problem when I was filling up my online application form. A warning popped up saying I have a "unfinalised application lodged with the department" though I really haven't lodged any application recently! The warning also says I will be able to continue but the unfinalised application may need to be withdrawn by advising the department in writing.

But what can I do if I even have no idea about what it is. All I can remember is I lodged a student visa twice nearly two years ago. I got my first student visa application rejected due to the jerk agency (They forgot to fill in my employment history and simply wrote unemployed!). I had to lodge the student visa the second time with my employment certificates and finally got it granted after longtime waiting and a series of telephone checks. Can it be the reason I received the warning though I can't see any connection between them.

Anyone can tell me what to do? I am really anxious...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts