Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members

I received an invitation in response of the EOI applied.

ANZSCO : 233513
30(Age) + 10(English) + 15(Edu) + 10(Exp) + 5(Spouse)
EOI DOE: 14/8/2017
EOI Invitation: 23rd August 2017
Visa Lodge: Lodged - August 2,2017

Query is that if we should apply visa or wait for the wife invitation(she has also applied independent EOI with spouse added-65 points).
crux of the query is that, since my wife is registered nurse occupation and ceiling is 16000 or more, should we wait till she gets invitation or proceed with my invitation?
which will be faster ?

any advice will be appreciative.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi members

Query is that if we should apply visa or wait for the wife invitation(she has also applied independent EOI with spouse added-65 points).
crux of the query is that, since my wife is registered nurse occupation and ceiling is 16000 or more, should we wait till she gets invitation or proceed with my invitation?
which will be faster ?

Mate you already got the invite. Wait time is for invitation and not visa processing. Visa processing as far as I have seen has no relationship with your occupation. Just lodge a Complete Application if you don't want delay in application.

Also, if you already lodged visa application on 2nd Aug, your question seems redundant. Are both of you planning to get another invite and lodge two visa application and see which one works !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
you already got the invite...... SO ..... apply

You got the invitation on 23 Aug and lodged the Visa before invitation on 02 Aug .... !! If you don't have sufficient documents or have any confusion to prove your 70 points claim, especially on Work Experience (10 points), then wait for your spouse to get invited.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Hi members

which will be faster ?

After the invite the number of points, ANZSCO codes, ceiling etc. Are all immaterial
All applications are equal as far as processing priorities are concerned

The processing time will depend on the quality of the documents you submit and the complexity of your case

So no point in waiting for the nurses invitation unless you feel that she has a much stronger and simpler case then yours

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts