Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Scenario,

Code : 233311 (Electrical Engineer)
PTE -A : 55 (0 points)
Experience : 9+ years (15 points)
Education : EEE (15 points)
NSW : (5 points)

Total : 60

I haven't start any process yet. Can I apply now for skill assessment and NSW sponsership? or can i start after july 1st week?:fingerscrossed:
What is the probability to get invite if i apply in july?

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
My Scenario,

I haven't start any process yet. Can I apply now for skill assessment and NSW sponsership? or can i start after july 1st week?:fingerscrossed:
You have assumed that you will be able to claim 15 points for experience

Until you get your skills assessment you cannot be sure of the points that you will get for employment, as the assessing authority may deduct some years from your experience towards AQF

So complete your skills assessment and post your points table to have a better response

Moreover, one thing I can tell you from reading other members feedbacks

NSW gives preference to those with a high English score and your score is ) so that's a big negative as far as NSW sponsorship is concerned.
Of course if your job is in high demand in NSW, then they will sponsor you regardless of your English score

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is AQF?
All my experience are related to my qualifications. So I thought.

My Scenario,

I haven't start any process yet. Can I apply now for skill assessment and NSW sponsership? or can i start after july 1st week?

You have assumed that you will be able to claim 15 points for experience

Until you get your skills assessment you cannot be sure of the points that you will get for employment, as the assessing authority may deduct some years from your experience towards AQF

So complete your skills assessment and post your points table to have a better response

Moreover, one thing I can tell you from reading other members feedbacks

NSW gives preference to those with a high English score and your score is ) so that's a big negative as far as NSW sponsorship is concerned.
Of course if your job is in high demand in NSW, then they will sponsor you regardless of your English score

Cheers

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
What is AQF?
All my experience are related to my qualifications. So I thought.
AQF means Australian qualifications framework

The experience is deducted in most cases as the Indian degrees do not meet the standards of the Requirements of the Australian degree.
So to compensate for the same, a portion of your work experience is deducted.

The quantum to be deducted is decided by the Assesor based on the subjects of your course , the reputation of your university and maybe your marks

Just realised that you are an electrical engineer so you will not be assessed by ACS, And there may be other factors in play, which I may not be aware of
Please recheck what I have written earlier

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I will be accessed by engineers Australia.

AQF means Australian qualifications framework

The experience is deducted in most cases as the Indian degrees do not meet the standards of the Requirements of the Australian degree.
So to compensate for the same, a portion of your work experience is deducted.

The quantum to be deducted is decided by the Assesor based on the subjects of your course , the reputation of your university and maybe your marks

Just realised that you are an electrical engineer so you will not be assessed by ACS, And there may be other factors in play, which I may not be aware of
Please recheck what I have written earlier

Cheers[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Scenario,

I would suggest you to apply for assessment as soon as possible. As there are lots of seats vacant for Electrical Engineers - 233311. So, i don't think it will be removed in the next update.

One more thing is try to improve your PTE score as EA or DIBP will only consider your experience from last 10 years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. But my mara agent s strictly advising me not to start any process before July. So I thought, it just only 15 days. So let me wait.

My Scenario,

I haven't start any process yet. Can I apply now for skill assessment and NSW sponsership? or can i start after july 1st week?

I would suggest you to apply for assessment as soon as possible. As there are lots of seats vacant for Electrical Engineers - 233311. So, i don't think it will be removed in the next update.

One more thing is try to improve your PTE score as EA or DIBP will only consider your experience from last 10 years.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks. But my mara agent s strictly advising me not to start any process before July. So I thought, it just only 15 days. So let me wait.

H/she is right.

Wait 15 more days, you will know clear picture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
Greetings,

My name is Rehan and i am Electrical Engineer, I am new to this platform and need your advise. I am planning to start process for PR but i don't know how to start i have almost 8 years experience and my age is 30. I have recently carried out my ielts and got an overall of 7.5 but got 6 in reading.

i am thinking of appearing for PTE test. I would like to request you to kindly let me know the entire process of immigration from stage 1 to visa stage.

i will appreciate your response,

details can be sent on:

<SNIP> Inappropriate content, see http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ge...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155218 kaju/moderator

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts