Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one,,

any one applied under this category. please share your status and experience. i am about to log skilled nomination form for NSW. any suggestion .

Regards,
Bhupinder Singh:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello every one,,

any one applied under this category. please share your status and experience. i am about to log skilled nomination form for NSW. any suggestion .

Regards,
Bhupinder Singh:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Hello Bhupinder,

I applied with same code under 189 visa. I have 4 years of experience as GIS Analyst.
Can you share you experience and application outcome so far

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

Did any of you get your skill Assessment completed under the Other Spatial Scientist category? Can you share the results of the same please.. thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys,

Did any of you get your skill Assessment completed under the Other Spatial Scientist category? Can you share the results of the same please.. thanks.
I did get a positive skills assessment for this occupation - from VETASSESS. They counted 3 years out of 4 years total experience. I plan to claim this for 5 points for either 189 or 190 visa. Did you apply for skills assessment?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did get a positive skills assessment for this occupation - from VETASSESS. They counted 3 years out of 4 years total experience. I plan to claim this for 5 points for either 189 or 190 visa. Did you apply for skills assessment?

Hello Menal,

Could you please help me in vetassess process. I am planning to apply in this category.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sorry so late, but let me know if you applied or still need help

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry so late, but let me know if you applied or still need help
I am preparing documents to apply as Other Spatial Scientist. Previously, I had positive assessment result as Environmental Research Scientist. Unfortunately, the profession has been removed.
It would be great if you share your job responsibility as GIS analyst which was accepted by VETASSESS.
Also what was your BSc degree? I studied Geology where I had subjects in GIS, remote sensing, mapping, etc.
I applied GIS in my PhD research and published research articles. I am planning to use these research experience as job experience.

I only found you in this forum who posted on this issue.

Could you please help me?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am preparing documents to apply as Other Spatial Scientist. Previously, I had positive assessment result as Environmental Research Scientist. Unfortunately, the profession has been removed.
It would be great if you share your job responsibility as GIS analyst which was accepted by VETASSESS.
Also what was your BSc degree? I studied Geology where I had subjects in GIS, remote sensing, mapping, etc.
I applied GIS in my PhD research and published research articles. I am planning to use these research experience as job experience.

I only found you in this forum who posted on this issue.

Could you please help me?
Hello,

I think as long as your research was paid should be ok. Usually to claim points for work you'll need at least 4 years of experience. They deducted 1 year for me which is normal but not sure why they do that. I worked in oil and gas doing maps, compiling and managing gis data, performing spatial analysis etc.. I have a BSc in physical geography with concentration in GIS courses. How many points are you claiming?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I think as long as your research was paid should be ok. Usually to claim points for work you'll need at least 4 years of experience. They deducted 1 year for me which is normal but not sure why they do that. I worked in oil and gas doing maps, compiling and managing gis data, performing spatial analysis etc.. I have a BSc in physical geography with concentration in GIS courses. How many points are you claiming?
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate that. If my degree is assessed positive, I will have 60 points. But last time in the Environmental Research Scientist profession, VETASSESS counted four years of my research in PhD as job experience. In which, one year they deducted for the degree assessment and counted three years as a paid job.

As I have to assess with a new profession in Other Spatial Scientist, I am bit confused how should I prepare the documents.

My profile is as below:
B.Sc. in Geology (as you know it contains GIS and mapping courses)
M.Sc. in Environmental Science
Ph.D. in Environmental Research (it contains significant portion of projects which was conducted in GIS and also developed some spatial models)

Based on the profile above I have to assess my profession as Other Spatial Scientist.

Now I am preparing the CV, cover letter, and research experience certificate as a spatial scientist.

If you give me your email, I am happy to give it to you to get your quick feedback on it. As you assessed positive, I imagine you would be able to give me some quick feedback in preparing the documents.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried to PM but seems you're not allowed to receive messages. Try PM me

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried to PM but seems you're not allowed to receive messages. Try PM me
Sorry mate. I also can't inbox you. My account is a new one so I think account access is limited. Can you write me your email address so that I can send you an email? Or, you can text me your e-mail address on <SNIP>.

Don't post personal information - see Rule 4, here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html kaju/moderator
Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Warm regards,
Mahmud

Brisbane

·
Registered
1 Posts
232214 info

hi everyone,
since im new to the forum. i need some info about other spacial scientist 232214
following are my credentials:
bsc environmental sciences
msc environmental sciences
3 years job experience in GIS
internship in aviation in GIS and RS
payment evidence bank statement only
employment evidence experience letter from the supervisor/manager
am i in the right direction? is my degree relevant to this occupation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate that. If my degree is assessed positive, I will have 60 points. But last time in the Environmental Research Scientist profession, VETASSESS counted four years of my research in PhD as job experience. In which, one year they deducted for the degree assessment and counted three years as a paid job.

As I have to assess with a new profession in Other Spatial Scientist, I am bit confused how should I prepare the documents.

My profile is as below:
B.Sc. in Geology (as you know it contains GIS and mapping courses)
M.Sc. in Environmental Science
Ph.D. in Environmental Research (it contains significant portion of projects which was conducted in GIS and also developed some spatial models)

Based on the profile above I have to assess my profession as Other Spatial Scientist.

Now I am preparing the CV, cover letter, and research experience certificate as a spatial scientist.

If you give me your email, I am happy to give it to you to get your quick feedback on it. As you assessed positive, I imagine you would be able to give me some quick feedback in preparing the documents.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi, I have exactly the same background with yours, from B.Sc to PhD. As I search up that you are granted visa 190. Could you please share your experience? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I have exactly the same background with yours, from B.Sc to PhD. As I search up that you are granted visa 190. Could you please share your experience? Thanks
Just assess your degree with your all documents. If you completed your degree in Australia and it's related to Spatial Scientist profession. You can claim points from that. For that, you need to issue a work experience certificate from your supervisor. Once you assess your profession, then you are ready to go to submit an EOI.

Best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just assess your degree with your all documents. If you completed your degree in Australia and it's related to Spatial Scientist profession. You can claim points from that. For that, you need to issue a work experience certificate from your supervisor. Once you assess your profession, then you are ready to go to submit an EOI.

Best of luck
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and advice about claiming point experience. I have applied GIS for developing model in my thesis. Is that OK?
I am now in last months of my PhD journey in Australia. I am preparing the documents for SA and very confused about writing Job description.
Can you please message me by <SNIP> See "Inappropriate content", here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ex...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155594 kaju/moderator

, so that I can contact you for further advise?
Thank you in advanced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts