Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am doing Masters in Actuarial Studies at Monash, will i get a positive assessment from vetasses after my course completion or do I need to get one year experience as an actuary after my course and then apply as an actuary?

In the below, the second paragraph talks about having at least one year experience, would this experience be exempted because of my Masters in Actuarial Studies in Australia? or we have to get this one year experience after completion of my Masters and then submit for assessment?

Can someone please answer this? this is really important for me to know.

Actuary (ANZSCO Code 224111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

This occupation requires a major in Actuarial Studies or Actuarial Science. Actuarial Studies is the application of mathematical and statistical analysis in order to solve financial planning problems in areas such as insurance, superannuation and investment (ASCED). Qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics with supporting highly relevant employment will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi All,

I am doing Masters in Actuarial Studies at Monash, will i get a positive assessment from vetasses after my course completion or do I need to get one year experience as an actuary after my course and then apply as an actuary?

In the below, the second paragraph talks about having at least one year experience, would this experience be exempted because of my Masters in Actuarial Studies in Australia? or we have to get this one year experience after completion of my Masters and then submit for assessment?

Can someone please answer this? this is really important for me to know.

Actuary (ANZSCO Code 224111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

This occupation requires a major in Actuarial Studies or Actuarial Science. Actuarial Studies is the application of mathematical and statistical analysis in order to solve financial planning problems in areas such as insurance, superannuation and investment (ASCED). Qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics with supporting highly relevant employment will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

As far as I know, Actuary is assessed by VETASSESS, which means you will need to have one year of work experiences and have to be post-qualification. Check with the VETASSESS website again for more details.

All the best!

David

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes, you will need to gain one year experience as a full time employee, you will need to have your paysilp, your super docs, and a reference letter from your empolyer, and so on. They will call your company to verify all docs you have provided.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hrn240,

Thanks buddy. I see that you have already applied under this skill, all the best for that one. I have few questions about the exp required.

What are the job profiles which will be considered as an exp for this? (i shall search these out in seek) also, can you rate the probability of getting a job without PR after masters on 0/10?

Regards,
Harsh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Hrn240,

Thanks buddy. I see that you have already applied under this skill, all the best for that one. I have few questions about the exp required.

What are the job profiles which will be considered as an exp for this? (i shall search these out in seek) also, can you rate the probability of getting a job without PR after masters on 0/10?

Regards,
Harsh
Hi, harsh

I am currently working as Actuarial Analyst. Since I only have bachelor degree, I cant really tell if master degree would help you to get a job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts