Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anybody know if I will be able to use my 220 voltage devices, thing like, computer screen, electric heater, hair dryer, kettle … etc. in US
I’m not thinking on the problem of the different plug type, which I can easily solve, but more on what happens when the voltage is so different

Sorry for my ignorance but I believe in US you have 120v right?
So I guess electric thing that I have here (220v) won’t work there, having said that I know nothing about electricity :wacko:

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi

Does anybody know if I will be able to use my 220 voltage devices, thing like, computer screen, electric heater, hair dryer, kettle … etc. in US
I’m not thinking on the problem of the different plug type, which I can easily solve, but more on what happens when the voltage is so different

Sorry for my ignorance but I believe in US you have 120v right?
So I guess electric thing that I have here (220v) won’t work there, having said that I know nothing about electricity :wacko:

Thanks
The US is 120v 60Cycles. You could use your 220v devices but you would not only need plug adapters but power converters to "step-up" the voltage! Simpler to just acquire the appropriate appliances locally!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Please use the search function as this is a regular topic.

You can use items which have been set for conversion by the manufacturer. Small appliances such as blow dryer, toaster, ... are very inexpensive and not worth the trouble of buying a converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts