Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Seeking advice. I can stay in the Philipines for 21 days, when entering the country they check ticket to make sure of this, what happens in the case of staying 5 weeks? Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
You actually get 30 days free now, not 21. Before the thirty days expires, you would have to get your tourist visa extended another month, you cannot extend in weeks.

·
Super Moderator
3,570 Posts
There's a 90 day visa

Hello. Seeking advice. I can stay in the Philipines for 21 days, when entering the country they check ticket to make sure of this, what happens in the case of staying 5 weeks? Thank you!
When I was visiting here before I retired I applied for a 90 day Visa from the controlling Philippine Consulate in my area, that was in Chicago unsure for the EU here's the Ireland Philippine Consulate short cut, I'm sure you can call and find out about a longer Visa.

The Philippine Honorary Consulate in Ireland » Visa information

I found it easier to have all my paperwork done so when I'm here I don't have to mess with or worry about dealing with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.

I have heard on this expat forum that you can have a travel agent do this for you.

The short cut above also allows you to download the forms you need to fill out and submit to the Philippine Consular office, I did all mine by mail because I lived in a different state. I called them a few times for guidance, even emailed them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Most of my friends use a travel agency to avoid the hassle of going to the immigration office. If you’re in Angeles, they use beeway travel next near the gentleman club. They charge 300 pesos and if you drop it off early in the morning you can pick it up the same day. You can get the extension anytime and not have to wait till your 30 days entry time is up. Ask the hotel where you are staying about who does that service (they might even do it). Both the Philippine embassy in the USA and the local immigration office in the Philippines is farther away from me. it is not a hassle but make sure you do it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You actually get 30 days free now, not 21. Before the thirty days expires, you would have to get your tourist visa extended another month, you cannot extend in weeks.
Thank you! So would I be correct in thinking that I can enter with a 5 week ticket for a 30 day stay and no visa for 30 days+ then whilst there get it extended for a month before the 30 days are up? Hope this is clear...:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most of my friends use a travel agency to avoid the hassle of going to the immigration office. If you’re in Angeles, they use beeway travel next near the gentleman club. They charge 300 pesos and if you drop it off early in the morning you can pick it up the same day. You can get the extension anytime and not have to wait till your 30 days entry time is up. Ask the hotel where you are staying about who does that service (they might even do it). Both the Philippine embassy in the USA and the local immigration office in the Philippines is farther away from me. it is not a hassle but make sure you do it!
Thank you! If only they'd give 2 months without visa, more pesos for the place!

·
Registered
988 Posts
ticket

Thank you! So would I be correct in thinking that I can enter with a 5 week ticket for a 30 day stay and no visa for 30 days+ then whilst there get it extended for a month before the 30 days are up? Hope this is clear...:)

Well I've flown in six times in the last two years and never been asked for my onward ticket at PI Immigration...and the times with my wife never asked for a marriage certificate for the Balikbayan stamp either.....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well I've flown in six times in the last two years and never been asked for my onward ticket at PI Immigration...and the times with my wife never asked for a marriage certificate for the Balikbayan stamp either.....
Ive been asked for marriage cert and wife with passport to get my bb stamp in clark.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Rules are not universally enforced in the Philippines! The law is entering the Philippines one must have a residence card or an exit ticket. Manila immigration has never asked me for an exit ticket but Philippine airline in San Francisco will not let me board the plane without a residence card or exit ticket. I have heard some other airlines do not check. A man flying to Clark airport was refuse entry and force to leave the country because he did not have an exit ticket. His airline did not check. Best policy is to get the exit ticket.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Delta

Rules are not universally enforced in the Philippines! The law is entering the Philippines one must have a residence card or an exit ticket. Manila immigration has never asked me for an exit ticket but Philippine airline in San Francisco will not let me board the plane without a residence card or exit ticket. I have heard some other airlines do not check. A man flying to Clark airport was refuse entry and force to leave the country because he did not have an exit ticket. His airline did not check. Best policy is to get the exit ticket.
Right...and Delta Air Lines is one that always checks.

·
Super Moderator
3,570 Posts
One way ticket

I flew out of Fargo, ND and they didn't require me to have a two way ticket, Delta Airlines.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It is always a good idea to have the exit ticket or a round trip ticket. The airlines or Philippine immigration might not check but if they do you travel plans are ruin. Tiger airways has a flight from Clark to Singapore 1,299 pesos ($30).

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Doing It Right

Tiger isn't grounded anymore? But I suppose the point is getting a super cheap onward ticket...
It is always a good idea to have the exit ticket or a round trip ticket. The airlines or Philippine immigration might not check but if they do you travel plans are ruin. Tiger airways has a flight from Clark to Singapore 1,299 pesos ($30).
I fly only Philippine Airlines between the US and the Philippines. They have checked for the ticketing requirement every time I have made the trip. In Manila, I have been asked two times for the ticket when I arrived. For a $30 flight ticket to Hong Kong, is it really worth the risk of problems? Not to me...

Reactions: jon1

·
Registered
83 Posts
I learnt this the hard way when i first came here. I was planning to stay for good and was naive to think that i wouldn't need a return ticket. So i turn up at Heathrow airport in London (a bit late lol) and try to rush to get on the plane, they of course stopped me and said i would not be allowed on the plane unless i had a return ticket.

So i had 5 minutes to literally cough up the cash for a flight back home(which cost me a bomb). Thankfully, Cathay Pacific who i was flying with assured me at the desk that i could get a full refund for this homeward bound ticket once in the philippines (which although it took a few months, i did get).

Ever since i always have a ticket out of the philippines for any visa run, and have been asked for it on every occasion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts