Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello am awaiting my ACS skills assessment for a developer programmer.
Also as for the points I ve just got 60 points
What are the chances of getting an ivite with 60 points as a developer in this financial year

Regards
Ganesh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response...however is there anyone who applied for 189 in 2015 with 60 points & had received an invite...please let me know

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You cannot really say for sure that you have 60 points until you get your ACS report.

From what I remember, March-23 applicants with 60 points under the 2613 occupation have received the invite so far. Under 2613, all 60 pointers post 23-March and 65+ pointers post 08-May are in the backlog. The backlog itself could be quite substantial this time. So expect some delay in getting invited.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

WHEN have you submitted your EOI?

With 60 points for 189: Occupation ID - 2613 - your chances of being invited during 6th July Invitation round DEPENDS ON

1 - NO MAJOR IMMI Rule /Process changes from July 2015

2 - Your SkillSelect EOI Date of Effect

3 - There shouldn't be MANY:

60 pointers (Existing backlog of around XX months (based on your EOI Date of Effect) to be cleared prior to your application as the cut off for 60 pointers was 23 March 2015 1.04 pm for Current FY)

AND

60+ pointers ahead of you in queue (who might have submitted their EOI post 28 April 2015 3.05 pm/others who would submit their EOI 1 minute prior to invitation round)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks all for the responses...i have not submitted my EOI yet ...am awaiting my ACS skills assessment
the most important criteria on which 60 points invitation depends on is the new quota for 2613. If the quota is cut by around 1000 places(very likely) then invitation cutoff will rise to 65 points...

·
Registered
550 Posts
the most important criteria on which 60 points invitation depends on is the new quota for 2613. If the quota is cut by around 1000 places(very likely) then invitation cutoff will rise to 65 points...
From where did you get information about the quota being cut for 2613 by 1000?

Are the quota numbers published somewhere?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
From where did you get information about the quota being cut for 2613 by 1000?

Are the quota numbers published somewhere?
I said its likely to happen...its the best possible scenario which can happen. Obviously the worst is 2613 dropped from SOL but that's very unlikely.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

As the FIRST Invitation Round for NEXT FY is scheduled for 6th July, we should expect an update before that (IF NOT early).

All are hoping that they announce it on 1st July.

Thanks ...when will the new quotas be released? Any idea?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just submitted my EOI today with 60 points as a software programmer anyone please let know how long would it take to receive an invite

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
60 pointers from 2613 since 23-March till date are before you. The 06'th July round all went out to 65 and above pointers and even then applicants with 65 points who filed the EOI on and after 27-June have not been invited this time. So, it seems its going to be a very long time before you can expect an invite. Maybe October if you are very lucky (i.e. higher up applications slow down a bit), otherwise November or December. But we can only assume/ guess. In the end it all depends on the number of new applicants with more points than you. Also, at this rate and volume of applications, just like last FY, this year too 2613 will probably run out of seats before the year end (June-2016). You should seriously consider increasing your points to 65- either by scoring more points in the English tests, or from your partner if s/he can be positively assessed from any occupation from your *SOL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello,

I have just got 60 points with Partner Skills and submitted EOI dated 16/06/2015 for Visa subclass 189.
What are the chances of getting an invite with 60 points as a Software Engineer in this financial year.

Regards
Manish

·
Registered
161 Posts
What about the codes which are not on pro rata basis....
such as electronics eng ?
they have chance even with 60 points right ? Since there are no back logs !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dears,
I submitted Sub class 189 EOI 261313 with 60 points on 25th July 2015. I've been reading blogs and see that people are waiting from April who have not received invitation yet. I fear off whether i will get invitation at all or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone who applied with 60 points this year that already got an invitation?

Best,

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi guys,
Yesterday i have submitted my EOI with 60 Points for 489 visa. I have Positive assessment from VETASSESS for Human Resource Advisor Occupation. What do you guys think when can i get an invite or will there be no invite for 60 points holder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After 1st July 2015, the occupation ceiling has been increased for 2613.
The status after 3rd Aug -
894 / 5364 (5364 is the ceiling for 2015-16)
and cut-off - 60 points & 2 April*2015 4:13pm

So we can hope that in the coming pickup (7th Sept), most of the backlog 60 pointers will be pulled.

Cross you r finger and hope for the best...

·
Registered
23 Posts
After 1st July 2015, the occupation ceiling has been increased for 2613.
The status after 3rd Aug -
894 / 5364 (5364 is the ceiling for 2015-16)
and cut-off - 60 points & 2 April*2015 4:13pm

So you can expect in the coming pick-up (7th Sept) or the next (5th Oct) where most of the backlog 60 pointers will be pulled.

I am on the same boat - EOI submitted 30/06

1 - 20 of 27 Posts