Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freinds,

As per the new rules I came to know the ACS reducing 2 years from total experience for an IT professional. I have 5.6 years of experience if that is true i will be getting points for 4 years.

Please let me know how far this information is true?

Regards,
Krishna

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Krishna,

yes, if you have a (non-Australian) bachelor degree you will only be considered "skilled" after a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation. See: ACS Summary of Criteria

It's explained in detail on the ACS News and Updates page:

Skill Level Requirement Met Date
The ACS suitability criteria will determine the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” which will be noted on your ACS result letter.

All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

Example:
  • You complete a Bachelor in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
  • 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be Jan 2010.
  • All suitable work experience completed after Jan 2010 will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for the skilled migration points test.
  • The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test.

Please Note: While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Krishna,

yes, if you have a (non-Australian) bachelor degree you will only be considered "skilled" after a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation. See: ACS Summary of Criteria

It's explained in detail on the ACS News and Updates page:

All the best,
Monika

so if the CO deducts the work exp and cut down the EOI pts , will v still get grant?
i actually put all of my exp. (during study and after study exp.) and i got to know the Co will likely cut them all off , still in a stress situation that will the CO grant me the visa or not , I will have 60 pts even if the CO cut down all my exp

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Krishna,

oh, you already applied for the visa? If yes, you can only wait and hope that the CO will let it slide. If s/he reduces your points the application will be refused.

Claiming points for work experience DURING study was never a good idea. DIAC hardly ever accepts that...

Good luck nonetheless,
Monika

·
Registered
17 Posts
HI All,

I have my ACS assesment on FEB2012 and it is valid for 2 years,as i was unable to score 7 in each band.I didn't proceed further. Say if i have scored 7 in each and file my application, will DIAC take my OLD ACS into consideration or do they still deduct 2 yrs of exp.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Kumar

·
Registered
310 Posts
Summary of criteria defines that
"Vendor certification- The following are accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level:"

How many years are deducted from experience with MCSD and work experience in Closely related to the nominated occupation?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi,

may be this is the wrong thread for my inquire. I apologize for that. can anyone tell me that is it true for VETASSESS as well? will they deduct experience?

·
Registered
305 Posts
HI All,

I have my ACS assesment on FEB2012 and it is valid for 2 years,as i was unable to score 7 in each band.I didn't proceed further. Say if i have scored 7 in each and file my application, will DIAC take my OLD ACS into consideration or do they still deduct 2 yrs of exp.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Kumar
Sorry Friend but they will deduct minimum of 2yrs. We have had alot of such cases on the forum already. You will need to work on your ielts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry Friend but they will deduct minimum of 2yrs. We have had alot of such cases on the forum already. You will need to work on your ielts.
If that is the case then i wont loose anything or gain anything bcoz at the time of assesment FEB2012 i had 5.6 yrs experience and now that i have another 1.8 yrs exp and if they deduct still i will have 5 points for my work exp .

Am i right or else missing anything.

Please guide :fingerscrossed:

Thanks ,
Kumar

·
Registered
305 Posts
If that is the case then i wont loose anything or gain anything bcoz at the time of assesment FEB2012 i had 5.6 yrs experience and now that i have another 1.8 yrs exp and if they deduct still i will have 5 points for my work exp .

Am i right or else missing anything.

Please guide :fingerscrossed:

Thanks ,
Kumar
You are right bcos DIAC do their own calculations too. Also could you ensure your current emp. reference letter is dated close to the date of submission of your EOI.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi All..

I have query with regards to graduation and post graduation qualification and if I need to submit RPL for ACS assessment..

In brief abt my background..
B.Tech (Chemical) - > MBA ( International Marketing) - > IT MNC experience ( 13 years same company) as Functional Analyst / Business Analyst ( Business Intelligence / ERP / Data Management) and currently functioning as Senior Business Analyst

I am planning to apply under ANZCODE - ICT Business Analyst 261111 and have started collecting all the necessary documents. I have got bonafide experience letter from my company HR with designation and role as Senior Business Analyst though no detail on responsibilities.

I need inputs on -
1) Do I need to submit and up[load my updated CV at ACS site (Is it mandatory / optional )

2) If my masters qualification of MBA will be supporting my Business Analyst role or will it still be considered as non-ICT background ( my graduation being chemical engg)

3) Will i need to take RPL route or I will be notified by ACS if its required ?

Will appreciate response from experienced colleagues on this forum..

Thanks in advance..

nitin

Can

·
Registered
413 Posts
But there were cases where the full exp was also considered by diac also

·
Registered
305 Posts
But there were cases where the full exp was also considered by diac also
Not under the new rule.
Except you have an Australian degree. Presently ACS considers any offshore candidate's degree to need at least 2yrs experience in a related field to be relevant.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not under the new rule.
Except you have an Australian degree. Presently ACS considers any offshore candidate's degree to need at least 2yrs experience in a related field to be relevant.
Yes. But will this also be valid for diac? There were ppl who got full assessment as well right?

·
Registered
476 Posts
So at the end will i be looser or will i gain my complete experience.
this case totally depend on CO however we saw only few cases in the forum most of others have claimed their full experiences without any issue but there may be more cases outside the forum.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You are right bcos DIAC do their own calculations too. Also could you ensure your current emp. reference letter is dated close to the date of submission of your EOI.
Hi,

How can I make it like that...I need emp ref for skill assesment..., rite? so I have to arrange that letter with nearest date of skill assesment...then how can I make it with nearest date of EOI.... EOI is after skill assement..rite?

As I am a newbie, dont have a gud idea abt this...pls tell me

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi everyone,

the ACS News page is very clear on the point that you can only claim work experience points with DIBP that lies after the ACS "skilled" date. Ignore at your own peril!

Yes, many people got their full experience counted despite the change, but:
1.) ACS changed the letter without prior announcement or clarification around last May. There was lots of confusion on how this would work, so I think it was only fair that the first round of applicants with the new letters did not get deductions.
2.) A new financial year (and thus: migration year) has started on July 1 and since then there have been more and more cases of visa refusal due to work experience overclaims in ICT.
3.) There were even some cases where people with old ACS assessment letters (without a skilled date) got their work experience reduced.

The CO has the last word and can overrule the ACS recommendation. But if you can score enough points even with the 2 (or 4 or 6 or 8) year "deduction" it would be a stupid risk to claim points for the whole period. If you have no other chance at getting a visa, you may want to take the gamble...

@anishkumar03: Yes, you need both your skills assessment and IELTS result before you can lodge an EOI. You can start filling it out now and save it, though.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If someone has old ACS like almost 1.8 yers old will they still need to reduce the exp ?

I know of many including on this forum who had old ACS and did not reduce there exp and went ahead and got the PR ...

Please suggest.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi noobrex,

with old reference letters it's a somewhat grey area. But the new ACS letters have been around for almost a year now and ACS and DIBP put very clear statements on their websites about how to calculate points. I'm glad that the COs were a bit more understanding at the beginning but I doubt that you will get through with claiming full experience points now.

Besides, DIBP and ACS argued that they did not actually change the rules because you needed 2 (or 4, 5, 6, 8) years of work experience post-degree even before the new letters. The only change was that they print the skilled date on the letter now. If you have an overseas bachelor with a major in ICT, deduct two years from your work experience. In would be very risky - in my personal assessment - to claim full points. But it's your money, not mine :p.

Edited to add:
You may want to check out this thread:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ia/198482-join-applicants-old-acs-format.html

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 20 of 27 Posts