Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help us understand wether we need to prove 2 year cohabitation documents....

My wife is applying will be applying for her second term of FLR(M) in two months time. When we applied first time around we were not married and we applied under unmarried partner option in the FLR(M). As a result we had to prove 2 years cohabitation across several sources.

Now we have been married since 2 years and I am not sure wether we still need to provide proof of cohabitation for a 2 year period proceeding the application.

Can someone please help us.

Many thanks.
Besnik

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can someone please help us understand wether we need to prove 2 year cohabitation documents....

My wife is applying will be applying for her second term of FLR(M) in two months time. When we applied first time around we were not married and we applied under unmarried partner option in the FLR(M). As a result we had to prove 2 years cohabitation across several sources.

Now we have been married since 2 years and I am not sure wether we still need to provide proof of cohabitation for a 2 year period proceeding the application.

Can someone please help us.

Many thanks.
Besnik
You will need to provide evidence that you have been living together since your first FLR(M) was authorised, therefore 2 years and a half (as it's the 5 year route which is comprised of two periods of 2.5 years each).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply!

So the fact that we are now married does not help us in any ways as far as proving cohabitation is concerned. Is this right?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you mean? You have to prove that your relationship continues. You do that by proving that you have joint responsibilities.
Yes that is right.
I am aware we need to show prof of shared responsibilities, but what is not very clear to us is wether we still need to prove that we live in the same address even after we have been married.

The immigration solicitors that applied on our behalf for the initial application, mentioned that if we were married then, we would have needed proof of cohabitation (therefore that we have lived in the same address 2 years preceding the application). I am not sure if this still applies, hence my question.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.