Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean none!!
I have a son that needs mild academic support for grade 9.. At this point money isn't a problem.

Is it hopeful that some waiting lists will drop??

I applied for all.
Gems
DAA
Jbs
GCS
Etc
Eric
Etc

·
Banned
2 Posts
Indeed in Dubai very difficult to enroll kids in a reputable school from year 1, I had the same experience, try to enroll your chilled in tear 2 or tear 3 schools for this year and keep his name waiting list for all the schools you mentioned in your post. hope this help

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kamakam said:
Indeed in Dubai very difficult to enroll kids in a reputable school from year 1, I had the same experience, try to enroll your chilled in tear 2 or tear 3 schools for this year and keep his name waiting list for all the schools you mentioned in your post. hope this help
Oh. What are tier schools? Never heard of that?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Oh ok.
But I thought you are not allowed to switch schools in dubai in middle of the year?
correct. you'd be stuck with the less reputable school until September next year.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Why don't you try home schooling this one year and then register your child in all the possible schools starting January 2014?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all. Ill look into regents on Sunday

Today I called Cambridge , they told me call back sept 15 that when the final admission list will show. Do you think this applied to other schools?

I'm not sure about homeschooling since I'm a full time PHd student and mom myself.

Ill call regents on Sunday I hope they have places plus learning support

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't wanna ginx myself.. But I think I found a school with learning support and grade 9.. all is well so far just waiting to get the first payment in and my son in uniform . Gems Wellington silicon ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts