Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.
For the UK spouse visa the paperwork needs to be sent to sheffield in 14 days from biometrics, does that mean it must arrive in Sheffield within 14 days or be postmarked within 14 days?

I'm in the USA and having documents mailed to me from the UK before I finally send the package off to Sheffield. I'm very worried about missing this deadline.

In worst case scenario, is it possible to request an extension date from Sheffield?

Thanks,
Raj

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Can you not move the biometric appointment back a week or two?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.
For the UK spouse visa the paperwork needs to be sent to sheffield in 14 days from biometrics, does that mean it must arrive in Sheffield within 14 days or be postmarked within 14 days?

I'm in the USA and having documents mailed to me from the UK before I finally send the package off to Sheffield. I'm very worried about missing this deadline.

In worst case scenario, is it possible to request an extension date from Sheffield?

Thanks,
Raj
Anybody able to shed some light on my 2 week deadline questions!?

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Please have patience.... as I write this, it's almost 4:30 am in the morning or 11:25 pm in the greater Mpls/St Paul area (this 5 hour time difference will go to 6 when Daylight Savings ends for you on Sunday) - most of the regulars are still asleep at the moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please have patience.... as I write this, it's almost 4:30 am in the morning or 11:25 pm in the greater Mpls/St Paul area (this 5 hour time difference will go to 6 when Daylight Savings ends for you on Sunday) - most of the regulars are still asleep at the moment.
Good point, sorry about that

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Anybody able to shed some light on my 2 week deadline questions!?
Yes, supporting documents must be sent within 14 days of biometric appointment date. If you like you can send the complete package from UK but your return waybill must bear a US personal address.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, supporting documents must be sent within 14 days of biometric appointment date. If you like you can send the complete package from UK but your return waybill must bear a US personal address.
Thanks Joppa, just to be clear you are saying supporting documents must be postmarked as sent by day 14 rather than received in Sheffield by day 14 after biometrics?

And do you know if it's possible to request an extension to the 14 day rule?

I'm worried about possibly being a few days late.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Post marked by Day 14. You need to contact UKBA and get special permission for extension, which will probably only be granted for exceptional or compassionate reasons such as serious illness or bereavement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post marked by Day 14. You need to contact UKBA and get special permission for extension, which will probably only be granted for exceptional or compassionate reasons such as serious illness or bereavement.
I see, needing it postmarked by day 14 at least gives me some more hope.
Thank you Joppa and Nyclon

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
If you post out-of-date, you have to redo your biometrics. After 90 days, your online application is deleted and you have to reapply.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you post out-of-date, you have to redo your biometrics. After 90 days, your online application is deleted and you have to reapply.
Okay, so does this mean my partner has to hold on to her documents until she has redone biometrics? Or can she send in her docs (they're already outside the two weeks) and then simply re-do the biometrics?

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Yes, and with biometric receipt. Attach a note why it's late.
Please don't discuss the same topic on multiple threads!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just found this thread! Joppa, is this still true? Im still waiting on some docs to arrive so I can send them to Sheffield. I did biometrics on September 22nd, so I have until Monday Oct. 6th, correct?

And if I post out of date, I just have to re-do biometrics? As opposed to losing all the money spent on the app. etc. etc.

xoxo thank you!! :eek::fingerscrossed:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.