Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so my Wife sent off our Binder today, and i could not be happier with it, It is rather good :)

I have one concern and I am just hoping someone can put my mind at ease
My wife went for her Bio-metrics on the 08/03/12, And due to a few mistakes we had to get allot more documentation for our binder so we waited to send it off, we have just sent off the binder for overnight delivery today and It will arrive In NYC tomorrow at 8am I think, That marks exactly 2 weeks since Bio metrics were taken, I am scared they will deny it because of that, because I did read that it had to be sent within 2 weeks and we are right on the mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the binder got to NYC at 9.30am EST, Got a confirmation from fed ex, But still no confirmation email from UKBA :( getting worried

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
So the binder got to NYC at 9.30am EST, Got a confirmation from fed ex, But still no confirmation email from UKBA :( getting worried
It may take a full day from them signing for the packet to the sending of the "We received your application and have organised the documents; estimated time of processing is X days..." The general theme is 'we have your stuff, we put it in the queue for the next available Entry Clearance Officer (ECO), and we'll let you know when your application has been assigned to an ECO; we'll likely arrive at our determination within X (number) days'

You may or may not receive that notification of assignment, some applicants do and some do not (I didn't). To be clear, here is the order of my journey through the visa process:

*Sent application and all supporting docs

*Received notice from USPS that my packet had been recieved in NYC

*Two days later received email from UKBA that my packet had been received and organised for the next ECO, they'd let me know when it was assigned, and I would receive a further email advising a determination had been reached, applications generally taking 28 working days to process

*I waited. 28 business days during which there were extra bank holidays, American holidays, and a shed load of weekends-none of which count.

*On the morning of the 28th business day I received the email advising the visa had been issued and I could track my packet with the provided number

**Meaning I never received the "Your application has been assigned to ECO Mr/Ms XYZ..."

Hang in there, I understand the processing time just now is quite short (comparatively). When I went through the process last year it was a nerve-racking 28 business days:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I guess I am just worried they will not except it as the package arrived on the day the bio-metrics expired

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I guess I am just worried they will not except it as the package arrived on the day the bio-metrics expired
UKBA NYC takes note of dates; when you receive your documents back you may notice there will be a time stamp on yours-which they do when the packet is signed for and formal possession is transferred from your courier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, whichever) to their receiving desk.

Your app squeaked in, lol, and they'll see that thanks to the time stamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.