Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

Its been some time i was off this forum.

I need a little help for the 190 Visa process and my options for Working in New Zealand?

As a background:
IELTS: 7
Study: B.tech (Electronics and communication)
Occupation: Software Developer (4 years work ex in Aug,2015..1 month more)

So at 4 years of work ex i will have (30+15 +10) +5 points for State Nomination = 60 points.

What are my chances for this process?

* I am aware of the fact that if i get the 5 points for State nomination i have to serve 2 years in the particular state.
If i get a visa and i travel to AUstralia can i start working in New zealand straight away
? or i can only move after 2 years.?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
I don't get it. Why would you apply for an Australian PR visa when you want to work in New Zealand... if you want to work in NZ, apply for an NZ visa.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually i am not eligible for a NZ PR at this time. but i think i am eligible for Australian Visa. As i have my sibling in New Zealand, my final move would be NZ. so i was thinking if there is any way i can get a PR for Australia but can work in NZ.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
That may work for a short time, but if you let the travel rights lapse on your Australian PR it may affect your ability to remain in NZ.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Actually i am not eligible for a NZ PR at this time. but i think i am eligible for Australian Visa. As i have my sibling in New Zealand, my final move would be NZ. so i was thinking if there is any way i can get a PR for Australia but can work in NZ.
You can but you will not be a permanent resident of NZ. To get PR you must stay in NZ for two years without absences then you will have to apply. Any departure from NZ even on holiday will restart the clock. If you don't get PR in NZ before your Australian visa expires then you will lose the right to live in both Australia and NZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts