Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have an invite from 190 (10 points for single applicant), and will be lodging the application next month.
I will be getting married in*January (before visa grant), and do not wish to add my partner (competent english, but not in skilled list = 5 points) in my current application.
I will be notifying DoHA after the marriage, but will this reduce my points or negatively affect my application?

I understand that, partner medical/PCC will be required even if not applying for a spouse visa.
I want to understand if DoHA will reject my application (just before visa grant) since i no longer have the same point score as i did while i submitted documents after invite.

Please help
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply.
My status is 'Never Married' durig 'EOI'. I am not even engaged yet, could not travel because of COVID.
So not sure what i should have notified DoHA.

·
Registered
21,505 Posts
Hi there,

I have an invite from 190 (10 points for single applicant), and will be lodging the application next month.
I will be getting married in*January (before visa grant), and do not wish to add my partner (competent english, but not in skilled list = 5 points) in my current application.
I will be notifying DoHA after the marriage, but will this reduce my points or negatively affect my application?

I understand that, partner medical/PCC will be required even if not applying for a spouse visa.
I want to understand if DoHA will reject my application (just before visa grant) since i no longer have the same point score as i did while i submitted documents after invite.

Please help
Thanks!
If you get engaged or married before the grant of the visa, your application is liable to be rejected for over claiming points
Whether you are single or not can be checked by the CO till such time that he issues the grant
It does not get frozen on the date of invite like other points

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really appreciate your response, thank you!

Sorry asking the same again -
Your response holds, even if i am not applying for my partners visa right?

·
Registered
106 Posts

You'd no longer be single and cannot claim the 10 points. This may be viewed as a fraudulent claim.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi there,

Please help
Thanks!

If you inform DHA after getting married and before getting a visa grant, you have a high chance of being refused a visa since you claimed 10 points for being single but ended up getting married before visa grant.
It is best advised that you get married after getting your grant and then apply for a spouse visa. It will be more time+money consuming but that's the only option you have now.

·
Registered
21,505 Posts

That’s correct

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts