Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am curious on few things regarding my 190 visa grant. Could someone know what is the normal time to get Case Officer allocation? Also, how long does it take for complete grant process since visa lodge? In addition, what is the minimum time to get visa granted?

I would highly appreciate your info.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi urn,

you can check the DIAC Client Service Charter. DIAC aims to process 75% of all 190 visa applications within 6 months but actual processing time can vary considerably. You should get a CO allocated within 5 weeks of lodgement. Note that does not mean s/he actually works on your application, just that it is assigned to somebody. The CO only contacts you if s/he wants anything so it's hard to tell when s/he starts working on your application ;). Check the following thread if you want to compare timelines:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ia/122549-190-visa-applicants-waiting-co.html

Cheerio,
Monika

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I heard some people got grant notice within 20 days and some of them are waiting for more than three months. Any idea at all about this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi urn,

did you go through the medicals and submit your PCC(s) and form 80 already? One aspect that can speed up the process is to have everything ready and just waiting for the CO to tick his/her boxes ;). We got our (189) grant a couple of days after the first contact with the CO. In my experience they are very competent and fast with processing.

However, we applied in December, just before the Christmas holiday season, so DIAC was understaffed during that time and it took longer to get a CO assigned. Note that there are also multiple things that can delay processing beyond the COs control: Referred medicals or upload problems with the eHealth system, security checks (especially if your local government takes a while to submit the information DIAC wants to know), employment verification etc.

The bottom-line is that there isn't much that you can do to speed up the process, except to make sure that your documents are in order, complete and coherent. We added a cover sheet for all types of evidence to ensure that the CO could get a quick overview, for example for the payslips:

Payslips 2007 – 2009
Certified translation of most recent payslip (November 2012) page 2
Payslips 2007 (all) page 7
Payslips 2008 (all) page 12
Payslips 2009 (all except February) page 26

For payslips 2010 – 2012 see second attachment.
Our CO confirmed that it helped a lot.

Cheers and good luck,
Monika

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi symphony,

I got one certified translation of the most recent payslip for each employer. Otherwise I just scanned them in, because they all follow the same format. Payslips usually don't look like much and getting certified copies would not "add" anything in my opinion.

I also submitted tax return documents, which were signed electronically by the government and could be verified online. Finally, if the CO wants to check anything, s/he can still call your referees or the financial department of your employer.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi symphony,

I got one certified translation of the most recent payslip for each employer. Otherwise I just scanned them in, because they all follow the same format. Payslips usually don't look like much and getting certified copies would not "add" anything in my opinion.

I also submitted tax return documents, which were signed electronically by the government and could be verified online. Finally, if the CO wants to check anything, s/he can still call your referees or the financial department of your employer.

Cheers,
Monika
Hi Monika,

I don't have any pay slips of my previous job. What can I do now?

Is it require for all job? or just for recent job? Please Help...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i guess it depends on your origin.

one of my french friend gotta visa 190 granted in 4.5 months, (all documents were ready)

one of my chinese friend gotta visa 190 granted in 7 months. (all documents were ready)

·
Registered
648 Posts
In addition to this question, if we are not claiming any points should we still upload work related proofs? Payslips, bank statements?

I am just claiming points for age, degree in university, IELTS and state sponsorship

Hi Monika,

I don't have any pay slips of my previous job. What can I do now?

Is it require for all job? or just for recent job? Please Help...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I lodged on 31st march 2014 for 190 visa....still waiting for co allocation...

All docs ready...only med is pending....

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

My friend

CO allcation for 190 is 7 weeks. You might have him allocated in two weeks.

Good luck

Santhosh

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Expat Forum

Reactions: JatinBhatia

·
Registered
14 Posts
My friend

CO allcation for 190 is 7 weeks. You might have him allocated in two weeks.

Good luck

Santhosh

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Expat Forum
Hi,

I've applied for Visa on 11th March 2014, still waiting for CO. I think that 7 weeks are over. Any idea what to do? Subclass is 190.
How much time is it currently taking for CO allocation, if someone has recently got CO allocated for 190, can they please shed some light on the same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I've applied for Visa on 11th March 2014, still waiting for CO. I think that 7 weeks are over. Any idea what to do? Subclass is 190.
How much time is it currently taking for CO allocation, if someone has recently got CO allocated for 190, can they please shed some light on the same?
I also lodge mine last 14th of March and still waiting for my CO.I havent done yet my medicals...hope we could hear from them soon :pray:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also lodge mine last 14th of March and still waiting for my CO.I havent done yet my medicals...hope we could hear from them soon :pray:
hi bro....any news of CO??

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
hi bro....any news of CO??
Mate

Subclass 190 is on Standstill, almost.

There is another thread subclass 190 slow grant which more active on a daily basis. Suggest you can follow up there for regular updates on a daily basis.

Cheers

Santhosh

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Hi,

Pls look at my time line in my signature I have CO allocated on 5th may and requested documents are also submitted and received a delay mail on 9th May. seems that the grant will take more time as they have reached the limit for this program year :(...... waiting time guys.....

Reactions: JatinBhatia
1 - 18 of 18 Posts