Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

3681 - 3700 of 3842 Posts

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Hi everyone.. I have posted this before but posting again as I am desperate. Victoria state nomination - last round of accepting ROIs will be between 4th May to 10th May. After this submission window, do you think that 190 nomination will open for Registered Nurse (nec)? Or will it open for graduate stream? Will they still need at least 6months of work experience? I am hopeful and desperate as my current skill assessment is as Registered Nurse (nec). Any information will be highly appreciated!
Thank you.
I don’t think even most VIC officials know what you are asking for leave alone ordinary members on the forum
These are all planning decisions which are taken at the highest level
You have to just wait and see what VIC does in future
Getting desperate will not get you an invite but probably an ulcer
Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey guys

quick question regarding changing residential address. I am waiting for my 190 on-shore, I recently moved to a new place so I believe we need to update my address for my application. does it mean I need to re-upload all the documents with new address on it, which means I need to re-do all the documents basically? that will be pain in the ass. or the mere change of address detail via my Immi Account will do?

thank you

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
hey guys

quick question regarding changing residential address. I am waiting for my 190 on-shore, I recently moved to a new place so I believe we need to update my address for my application. does it mean I need to re-upload all the documents with new address on it, which means I need to re-do all the documents basically? that will be pain in the ass. or the mere change of address detail via my Immi Account will do?

thank you
No worries
Just use the update us link in the Immiaccount and give the new address
Upload an evidence of the new address like driving license or utility bill
Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
No worries
Just use the update us link in the Immiaccount and give the new address
Upload an evidence of the new address like driving license or utility bill
Cheers
Awesome NB, thank you for quick reply! i will update via immi account and attach the new lease. just moved so don't have any bills or new license yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are there any invites for non priority occupations for nsw 190 recently. Have applied under other's Aeronautical engineering with 90 point since oct 2019

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Does anyone have an active Bridging Visa A(bva) for 190 subclass? Just wanted to know about the work rights conditions on VEVO.
BVA working conditions depend on the substantive visa the applicant is holding not only the visa he has applied for
So if someone else has full working rights, it doesn’t mean you will also get the same even if both have applied for 190
Cheers

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dear NB

I am quite keen to get my PR grant and got in touch with a law firm in Syd. They of course don't guarantee a grant but have offered the following for about $1k - just wanted your opinion on the same. Is is worthwhile trying it out?

· importing your visa application

· Attaching Form 956

· Attaching statement from you (we will work with you on this)

· Emailing the Department (x1)

· Calling the Department (x2)

I am ok to part ways with $1k but only if it improves the probability of a grant, even if it improves marginally it is fine. But if it does not improve probability even 1%, then I will let it be.

Many thanks!
Vik

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Dear NB

I am quite keen to get my PR grant and got in touch with a law firm in Syd. They of course don't guarantee a grant but have offered the following for about $1k - just wanted your opinion on the same. Is is worthwhile trying it out?

· importing your visa application

· Attaching Form 956

· Attaching statement from you (we will work with you on this)

· Emailing the Department (x1)

· Calling the Department (x2)

I am ok to part ways with $1k but only if it improves the probability of a grant, even if it improves marginally it is fine. But if it does not improve probability even 1%, then I will let it be.

Many thanks!
Vik
All of this is BS
I would not give them a dollar
You can take your own decision
Cheers

·
Registered
540 Posts
All of this is BS
I would not give them a dollar
You can take your own decision
Cheers
:)

Sure. Will go with your advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, thought I would post my 190 visa experience. Quite pleased with the very quick turn around.

Good luck everyone.

Arrived in Australia on 482 TSS short term stream - March 2019
482 TSS extended by 2 years - Feb 2021
Applied for ACT 190 as ICT Project Manager - 12 March 2021
Nomination confirmed by ACT - 26 March 2021
Visa lodged with Home Affairs - 6 April 2021
Medical done - 21 April 2021
Visa granted - 5 May 2021

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my 190 NSW grant today as well.

Software Engineer(onshore) - 95 + 5 state points
Pre-Invite - 25 Feb 2021
Final Invite - 1 Apr 2021
Visa Lodged - 1 Apr 2021
Medicals - 8 Apr 2021
Visa granted - 5 May 2021

Looks like at least 190 onshore processing is gaining some speed lately. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For offshore those who got grant it is showing location as "OffShore" in VEVO. Does it change to "Onshore" once we landed in Australia, or how status update occurs in VEVO..?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
For offshore those who got grant it is showing location as "OffShore" in VEVO. Does it change to "Onshore" once we landed in Australia, or how status update occurs in VEVO..?
DNA is incharge of immigration at airports also
The moment you leave or enter Australia, it’s recorded and suitable changes are made everywhere including VEVO
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any chance of non priority occupations for NSW 190? 90 points (85+5). Although date of EOI lodged doesnt matter but for the ones in 2019.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello
I am hearing the news of many people getting Grant in one or two month time whoever has lodged 190 Visa recently. But
I have lodged 190 Visa one month back and still Case Officer has not appointed for my application.
Any idea when the CO gets appointed to the application usually?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dear All.. would like to share a piece of positive news. got my PR grant today

State - QLD
Occupation - Software Engineer
Points - 95
State Nomination Date - 9-Mar-21
Visa lodge date - 24-Mar-21
Medicals - 9-Apr-21
CO Contact - Direct Grant
Visa Grant date - 27-Apr-21
Timelines - 1 Month
Location - ONSHORE
Congratulations Mate. One question, when the CO got appointed for your application?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I need your advice. I am waiting for a grant. I was nominated by QLD (offshore) on 2019. I had declared around $60K as proof of funds. But as I am still waiting for my grant, and in need of money, can I utilize from $60K funds and maintain $50K until grant. Is that ok ?

Thank you

3681 - 3700 of 3842 Posts