Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

3641 - 3660 of 3842 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, Can someone pls advise me on the below case
I've lodged my EOI in May-2020 and I've updated my EOI on Nov-2020 with 95 points(software Engineer), I haven't got my invite yet. When I had a look at my application, did a mistake Usual country of residence given as India instead of Australia. Just corrected now (26 Apr 2021). . Now my updated date got changed. i've been in Australis for more than 5 years. What will happen to my date of effect. any chance for the next NSW invitation round> please advise?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Hello, Can someone pls advise me on the below case
I've lodged my EOI in May-2020 and I've updated my EOI on Nov-2020 with 95 points(software Engineer), I haven't got my invite yet. When I had a look at my application, did a mistake Usual country of residence given as India instead of Australia. Just corrected now (26 Apr 2021). . Now my updated date got changed. i've been in Australis for more than 5 years. What will happen to my date of effect. any chance for the next NSW invitation round> please advise?
You may have missed the bus for this year NSW sponsorship invites with this blunder
I am not sure how many more invites will be issued by NSW in the remaining 2 months of this financial year
Your date of effect will not be changed
It will still be Nov 2020
Cheers

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Yeah. Feeling very bad. No hope for the next round? next month? Writing Naati will help ? migration agent consultancy ? any sort of thing will help?
Migration agent cannot help unless you have made more blunders in your assessment or eoi
5 points is definitely going to help you
It puts you in a different league
It’s definitely worth the expense
Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
NO one is bothered with 15 days
As long as you don’t take up a job or rent a home in another state, you are fine
Cheers
Hi NB, what if the stay is in the sponsoring state but work is from the other state (remote work)? Would that still be an issue?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Hi NB, what if the stay is in the sponsoring state but work is from the other state (remote work)? Would that still be an issue?
This work from home concept is going to be very vexatious
Each person you talk to, will have different views
I will not be surprised if 2 officers in DHA also give different answers to this question
Cheers

·
Registered
23,849 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear All.. would like to share a piece of positive news. got my PR grant today

State - QLD
Occupation - Software Engineer
Points - 95
State Nomination Date - 9-Mar-21
Visa lodge date - 24-Mar-21
Medicals - 9-Apr-21
CO Contact - Direct Grant
Visa Grant date - 27-Apr-21
Timelines - 1 Month
Location - ONSHORE

·
Registered
146 Posts
My friend got his PR from VIC as a Chef. Invitation on Jan 2020. Grant today 27/04/2021 and CO contact for new docs on 1st March 20221

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi NB,

I have lodge my visa 2019 december and I got co contact around Feb 2020. Since then nothing. My agent says that can’t do anything only waiting. Im offshore applicant.

Can we contact CO?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi NB,

I have lodge my visa 2019 december and I got co contact around Feb 2020. Since then nothing. My agent says that can’t do anything only waiting. Im offshore applicant.

Can we contact CO?
No you cannot. You can call DHA asking progress on your case but they would just reply generally that you are in 10% and hence processing is late.

There are multiple emails like [email protected] where you can send email but those wont have any impact given DHA doesn't reply to emails on case basis. So technically when you agent says that we can't do anything. They are right.

I had a similar case with CO contact in March 2020 and silence since then. So we cannot anything besides waiting. If you want to try something then go redo your PCC as chances of CO asking for PCC are high but not 100% surety given it's upto CO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No you cannot. You can call DHA asking progress on your case but they would just reply generally that you are in 10% and hence processing is late.

There are multiple emails like [email protected] where you can send email but those wont have any impact given DHA doesn't reply to emails on case basis. So technically when you agent says that we can't do anything. They are right.

I had a similar case with CO contact in March 2020 and silence since then. So we cannot anything besides waiting. If you want to try something then go redo your PCC as chances of CO asking for PCC are high but not 100% surety given it's upto CO.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys!
I am an offshore applicants on 190 visa - NSW, and I've been waiting for 14 months and 10 day, technically the standard processing time passed so I called the department of home affairs and they said nothing you can do beside waiting, and our standard processing time is just the average waiting time for 90% of the applicants, and other 10% have to wait, so only God knows how long to wait, we could wait indefinitely.

Do you see any hope in the horizon?

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
Hi Guys!
I am an offshore applicants on 190 visa - NSW, and I've been waiting for 14 months and 10 day, technically the standard processing time passed so I called the department of home affairs and they said nothing you can do beside waiting, and our standard processing time is just the average waiting time for 90% of the applicants, and other 10% have to wait, so only God knows how long to wait, we could wait indefinitely.

Do you see any hope in the horizon?
Offshore may have to wait till 2022
I don’t see any major grants in this year
Cheers

3641 - 3660 of 3842 Posts