Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

2361 - 2369 of 2369 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys

does anyone know if you can change job under same occupation while you are waiting for your 190 to be granted (onshore)? all you need to do is to notify the department?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey guys

does anyone know if you can change job under same occupation while you are waiting for your 190 to be granted (onshore)? all you need to do is to notify the department?
Yes, you can definitely change your job while your 190 is being processed. You just need to inform DHA about your change in circumstances.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
Hey guys

You can
But make sure that your existing visa allows yo to do it

Cheers

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi NB,

I am planning to move to Melbourne after my grant and work from Melbourne in a job which really doesn't bound me in terms of area. My visa is 190 NSW and I may move to Sydney only after economy picks up and I feel it is a good time to invest into a house etc. in Sydney. and I have family in Melbourne so it will be comfortable with a newborn.

So for example, if I stay in Melbourne for 6 odd months before moving to Sydney, does it impact my Visa in any way? I understand I need to stay in NSW for 2 years which can start when I move there.

Happy to get your opinion on this.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
Hi NB,

I am planning to move to Melbourne after my grant and work from Melbourne in a job which really doesn't bound me in terms of area. My visa is 190 NSW and I may move to Sydney only after economy picks up and I feel it is a good time to invest into a house etc. in Sydney. and I have family in Melbourne so it will be comfortable with a newborn.

So for example, if I stay in Melbourne for 6 odd months before moving to Sydney, does it impact my Visa in any way? I understand I need to stay in NSW for 2 years which can start when I move there.

Happy to get your opinion on this.
Technically you are violating your visa conditions if you live in Vic that long
If you don’t work and don’t rent a house in vic, you may get away with it
But as it’s against the rules , even if nsw doesn’t take any action, it may bite you when you apply for citizenship

Cheers

·
Registered
484 Posts
Technically you are violating your visa conditions if you live in Vic that long
If you don’t work and don’t rent a house in vic, you may get away with it
But as it’s against the rules , even if nsw doesn’t take any action, it may bite you when you apply for citizenship

Cheers
Thanks NB for the quick response. What will be a reasonable timeframe (in your opinion) to get this cushion in Melbourne. Would 2-3 months be ok? Many thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
UPDATE: Please see below a bulletin released by the Department of Home Affairs on Processing priorities for Skilled Migration Visas.

------------------

The processing of certain Skilled migration visa applications is subject to both Migration Program planning levels and priority processing arrangements set by the Minister which determine the order in which the applications are processed.

Priority processing arrangements have been designed to complement other recent changes to skilled migration to ensure
that the economy gets the skills it needs now. They help to better address the needs of industry by targeting skills in demand across a number of sectors, and help ensure that the skilled migration program is responsive to the current economic climate and the needs of the Australian economy.

The following points-tested skilled migration visas are subject to processing priority arrangements:

· Subclass 189 (Skilled - Independent) (Points-tested stream)
· Subclass 190 (Skilled - Nominated)
· Subclass 489 (Skilled - Regional (Provisional))
· Subclass 491 (Skilled Work Regional (Provisional))

For the above listed visa subclasses, the current processing priorities (with the highest priority listed first) are:

1. Visa applications for any points tested subclass where the Department has determined that the applicant has an occupation within a Critical Sector.
2. Subclass 491 (non-Critical Sector) – applicants are in Australia
3. Subclass 491 (non-Critical Sector) – applicants are outside of Australia
4. Subclass 489 (non-Critical Sector)
5. Subclass 190 (non-Critical Sector)
6. Subclass 189 – Points tested stream only (non-Critical Sector)

The current processing priorities came into effect from 31 August 2020 and apply to applications lodged with the Department on or after this date and to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalised including those in the final stages of processing.

Hi all,

I found this post on one of the agents Facebook page, can anyone confirm if this is true. And will it impact on the 190 lodged application (waiting for Grant). My occupation is not on the priority list and I am onshore, lodged 190 NSW last year November, almost 12 months now.

Thanks

2361 - 2369 of 2369 Posts