Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am 190 visa holder and currently in offshore.
Fortunately or unfortunately I got a good offer in an another state. I thoroughly understand the moral obligation of the sponsored state.

But, If I chose to work in different state and move after a year to the sponsored state, what would be the implications during applying RRV?

Also, I do not see any restrictions in the grant letter specific to the sponsor state. Am I correct ?

It will be great, if seniors can some light on my query, as the employer is waiting for my offer acceptance.

Thanks
Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello,

Fortunately or unfortunately I got a good offer in an another state. I thoroughly understand the moral obligation of the sponsored state.

But, If I chose to work in different state and move after a year to the sponsored state, what would be the implications during applying RRV?

Also, I do not see any restrictions in the grant letter specific to the sponsor state. Am I correct ?

It will be great, if seniors can some light on my query, as the employer is waiting for my offer acceptance.

Thanks
Karthik

It's just a moral and ethical obligation.
You can find more discussion here. Clarification over Visa Subclass 190

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hello,

Thanks
Karthik

What you intend to do is against what you committed to the state when taking the sponsorship

What is no more a moral obligation today can become a legal one tomorrow

In this digital age, tracking a person is easier then ever before

These are uncertain times and how the states will react in future to applicants not honouring their commitment cannot be predicted

In the past states have been known to allow the applicants to work in other states when they were given evidence that the applicant tried but could not get a job in that state but now has an offer from other state

You may also think of that option, if you want to keep all your papers clean.
Moral ethical and legal

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What you intend to do is against what you committed to the state when taking the sponsorship

What is no more a moral obligation today can become a legal one tomorrow

In this digital age, tracking a person is easier then ever before

These are uncertain times and how the states will react in future to applicants not honouring their commitment cannot be predicted

In the past states have been known to allow the applicants to work in other states when they were given evidence that the applicant tried but could not get a job in that state but now has an offer from other state

You may also think of that option, if you want to keep all your papers clean.

Moral ethical and legal

Cheers

Completely Agree. But you know how hard to get an offer from Offshore.

Yes, without evidence that it is difficult to prove your association with other state

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
How you got job offer from india. How to prepare an resume for australian employer

I used resume writing service from Australia that targets Australian audience. Then I posted in seek.com.

As I am working for a rare domain, employer contacted me through phone and Skype completed the interview process.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hello,

Thanks
Karthik

Its a moral and ethical clause at present with no restrictions on the grant letter, and though unlikely, but as pointed out by Newbienz it can take a legal turn in the future.
Having said so, some people have argued in the past, that not abiding to your commitment to the sponsoring state may cause issues in your future citizenship applications, and possibly RRV as well.

Anyway, its entirely up to you to decide.

Reactions: karthy84

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a moral and ethical clause at present with no restrictions on the grant letter, and though unlikely, but as pointed out by Newbienz it can take a legal turn in the future.

Having said so, some people have argued in the past, that not abiding to your commitment to the sponsoring state may cause issues in your future citizenship applications, and possibly RRV as well.

Anyway, its entirely up to you to decide.

Thanks for the brain storming guys. It is hard but, I have decided stay with sponsored state to avoid complications in the future.

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Thanks for the brain storming guys. It is hard but, I have decided stay with sponsored state to avoid complications in the future.

A very courageous decision

Half the members must be calling you a fool for passing this opportunity and would give their right hand for it

Cheers

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Did you try contacting the state for their opinion as well? Worst case they'll say no. Atleast you will be content that you tried

People in the forum will say good or bad, but in the end give a try and not just believe what others tell you to do

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A very courageous decision

Half the members must be calling you a fool for passing this opportunity and would give their right hand for it

Cheers

It is really difficult to just throw away this offer. But, I believe I got quick grant because of the clean records through out my career. I should maintain the same.

Also, without state sponsorship points it would have been a different case for me.

I respect the state nomination and it is the moral thing to do rather staying in another state without out peace of mind thinking about consequences.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you try contacting the state for their opinion as well? Worst case they'll say no. Atleast you will be content that you tried

People in the forum will say good or bad, but in the end give a try and not just believe what others tell you to do

Thank you for suggestion.
But I don't want contact state without being in onshore. I mean without even trying for an opportunity in state, I can't justify.

I was in a dilemma this morning before posting this thread to take a risk. But I made up my mind to commit to state.

I took this interview to just get an experience, but it worked

I am gonna explain the situation to the employer and see what is the outcome.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thank you for suggestion.
But I don't want contact state without being in onshore. I mean without even trying for an opportunity in state, I can't justify.

I was in a dilemma this morning before posting this thread to take a risk. But I made up my mind to commit to state.

I took this interview to just get an experience, but it worked

I am gonna explain the situation to the employer and see what is the outcome.

I respect your decision.

But i am sure you are not the only case like this. I would say explain to state as well by emphasizing that you would go with what they suggest. As i said already worst case they will say no. If they are understanding and allow you, then i don't see how you land in legal trouble.

In the end,i will leave it to you what you think is best. Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I respect your decision.

But i am sure you are not the only case like this. I would say explain to state as well by emphasizing that you would go with what they suggest. As i said already worst case they will say no. If they are understanding and allow you, then i don't see how you land in legal trouble.

In the end,i will leave it to you what you think is best. Cheers

Thanks. I might try. Can anyone direct me to NSW state contact email for these kind of related queries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.