·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My point breakdown is as follows:

Bachelors in Civil Eng. and Masters in Structural Engineer:15

I have couple of questions:

1) I will complete my PhD in 2 years, but as far I understand, I can't claim points for that, until it is completed and checked with the Engineers of Australia.

2) If I apply EOI now and get visa quickly, can I go to Australia just for visa clearing and come back to UK to finish my PhD or I will need to stop my studies and go to Australia for PR, without a chance on finishing my PhD?

IELTS (l:8, R:8.5 , W:7 , S:7):10
i.e. 30+15+10 = 55

With NSW state sponsorship I will get 5 points extra .

3) What chances do I have of getting a 190 of NSW. A friend of mine tells me that the competition is high so with just 60 points its hard to get 190 of NSW is that true?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hello everyone,

1) I will complete my PhD in 2 years, but as far I understand, I can't claim points for that, until it is completed and checked with the Engineers of Australia.

2) If I apply EOI now and get visa quickly, can I go to Australia just for visa clearing and come back to UK to finish my PhD or I will need to stop my studies and go to Australia for PR, without a chance on finishing my PhD?

i.e. 30+15+10 = 55

3) What chances do I have of getting a 190 of NSW. A friend of mine tells me that the competition is high so with just 60 points its hard to get 190 of NSW is that true?
1. No you cant claim points till your thesis defense.
2. You must enter Aus before the Initial Entry Date mentioned on PR grant; go back to UK for your PhD, and permanently migrate after graduating.
3. Yes, competition is high as far as I know.

You can start the process; Nominate an occupation you wish to apply for, get the skills assessment, submit the EOI, apply for State nomination. Lodge a Visa application once invited. And continue your PhD in the meantime. Don't worry about entering Aus at the moment; thats still a long way.

Reactions: ilyas123

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone,

i.e. 30+15+10 = 55

Bro your case is very strong for NSW SS. NSW always prefers the candidate with band 7 in each module of IELTS. I am sure you can get nomination within a month. No competition for u. So do hurry and apply, u will get nomination in a month.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bro your case is very strong for NSW SS. NSW always prefers the candidate with band 7 in each module of IELTS. I am sure you can get nomination within a month. No competition for u. So do hurry and apply, u will get nomination in a month.
Thanks for reply)I have applied for degree assessment at EA via Dublin Accord, so waiting for result to register EOI. How long does it usually takes for EA? 2-3 months?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts