Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Has any Software Tester - ANZCO - 261314 applied through Skillselect for Victoria State Nomination and received the pre-invite?

We lodged an application on 5th of July, 2017 and there is no response still.

Do we just wait? Has anyone out there got any response/pre-invite from Victoria?

Please share.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello,

Mine is also the same case... No response yet..
I think we just need to wait.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any update on your application??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

We applied for Programer Analyst - 2613113 with 75 points. Submitted eoi on 11-aug and received vic invitation to apply for nomination on 16-aug. submitted vic application same day and awaiting since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
Hello,

We applied for Programer Analyst - 2613113 with 75 points. Submitted eoi on 11-aug and received vic invitation to apply for nomination on 16-aug. submitted vic application same day and awaiting since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why in the world with 75+5 or even with 70+5 points applying under 261313 you will go through 190 route is beyond me.

Under 189 even with 70 points you are guaranteed an invite in the next round after you file the EOI

In case you have a migration agent, my suggestion would be to sack him immediately

Had you filed under 189, you would have got the invite on 23rd August and probably would have even finished uploading all documents

It's still not too late.
File another EOI under 189 immediately as you are legally allowed to do

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Planning to apply with ANZ code - 261314

Hi All,

Is it advisable to go through the PR process using the 261314 code or should I dorectly go with 261313.

Have read in the many threads of the forum that 261314 has minimal chances of getting an approval (not disappointing anyone here with 261314 but just stating a fact)

I have 10+ yrs of experience in Testing with very minimal experience in Automation. Kindly guide.

Thanks,
Prags

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
Hi All,

Is it advisable to go through the PR process using the 261314 code or should I dorectly go with 261313.

Have read in the many threads of the forum that 261314 has minimal chances of getting an approval (not disappointing anyone here with 261314 but just stating a fact)

I have 10+ yrs of experience in Testing with very minimal experience in Automation. Kindly guide.

Thanks,
Prags
As you have no experience in automation, the chances of you getting positive assessment under 261313 by ACS is very less

In case ACS is lenient and do assess you as positive, how will you convince the CO that you are actually a software engineer and not a software tester when put this question

You will be taking a huge risk with your visa fees if you submit an application as 261313

Better to stick to the true path and apply under 261314 and maybe one of the states will sponsor you

The final decision is yours

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi newbienz,

Thanks a ton for your reply. Even I was skeptical for 261313 as the R&R would also need to match.

I would go ahead with 261314. Hope it works out. Just a little worried as some people here already call it the graveyard code :(

P.S: I have read your posts on many other threads too, you are really honest with your replies. Great job.

Thanks,
Prags

·
Registered
23,859 Posts
Hi newbienz,

Thanks a ton for your reply. Even I was skeptical for 261313 as the R&R would also need to match.

I would go ahead with 261314. Hope it works out. Just a little worried as some people here already call it the graveyard code :(

P.S: I have read your posts on many other threads too, you are really honest with your replies. Great job.

Thanks,
Prags
Honesty is bitter in the short term but sweet in the long term
I have always followed this path and have got advantage from it
This is what I advise others.
To accept or ignore is their prerogative and choice

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Prag,

May be this is helpful, I am a software tester too Manual and Automation (Web Services ) with 60 points, Please stay positive you will will be invited soon. It took 5months for and I got invite from NSW and I have never expected an invite for 60 pointer.

You will get your invite soon, I think VIC has some timelime to respond may be max of 3 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
190 visa query for software Tester

I have applied the EOI for Software tester(261314). I selected 'Any' in question "Preferred location within Australia?" . Do I need to select specific state like "Victoria"/"South Australia". Should I file a new EOI with specific state? Also, should I submit my skill set in Victoria website as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,
I didnt see a single person receiving pre invite from VIC in last couple of months for 261314 (Software Tester). I have also applied on 26th October with 75 + 5(SS) points. Came across one person with similar points on immitracker but his/her case was refused by VIC after sending the preinvite. Chances look really dull for this anzsco. Just wanted to check here if anyone got preinvite lately?
Thanks
Mayank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys,
I didnt see a single person receiving pre invite from VIC in last couple of months for 261314 (Software Tester). I have also applied on 26th October with 75 + 5(SS) points. Came across one person with similar points on immitracker but his/her case was refused by VIC after sending the preinvite. Chances look really dull for this anzsco. Just wanted to check here if anyone got preinvite lately?
Thanks
Mayank

Oh No! I have only 60+5 for ICT 261314 and have selected VIC for 190 nomination. EOI date 13/11/2017. I thought of taking PTE (IELTS 10 pts) for additional 10 points. But looks like even that won't be sufficient.

Thanks
Saravanan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys,

Has any Software Tester - ANZCO - 261314 applied through Skillselect for Victoria State Nomination and received the pre-invite?

We lodged an application on 5th of July, 2017 and there is no response still.

Do we just wait? Has anyone out there got any response/pre-invite from Victoria?

Please share.
HI,

You can try for NSW as many people with 65 points have received invitations this year. All the Best!

THanks,
Kunal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi newbienz,

Thanks,
Prags
HI,

Its certainly not the graveyeard code as many have termed it. If you check immitracker many people have received invites from NSW with this code so all the Best!

Cheers,
Kunal

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for 190 with ANZSCO: 261314 Software Tester
Plan: ACS next week with my PTE-A scheduled on 6-Mar-2018.

My points will be as below:
Edu: 15
Exp: 15
PTE: 10 (Considering LWRS as 65+ in each)
Total = 65 points + 5 points SS VIC = 70 (for 190)

What are my chances of getting SS and ITA with above scores from VIC?

Please guide me a i do not see much hope and its really starting to worry me now.

Anyone of you guys, please share your story for Software Tester if you have an Invite received recently.

Hoping for the best! :faint2:

Reactions: xela

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm currently in Melbourne and I have secured a job offer (Full time - Test analyst - ANZSCO 261314) from Melbourne based company. And I have been working there for 3 months and living in VIC for 5 months.

I have an offshore experience of 4 years and 11 months of experience ( I know, I won't be getting any points for experience after ACS deducts 2 years ) so I'm just short one month of experience to make it 3.

So my total experience would be around 2Y 11M - offshore AND 3 months onshore
Am I still fulfilling the victorias requirement of 3 years of experience?

My total points would be like 55 + 5 (SS) + 5 partner points ~ 60 or 65 total

I heard there are very fewer chances for Software Tester in VIC. Is it same even if we have a job offer?

Can I directly apply for 190, without an EOI and without being waiting to VIC to picked me as I'm holding a job offer?

what is the process would be like?

After lodging a Victorian visa nomination application directly, Do I need to rely on my points?

Sorry about the long read, Much appreciate your reply

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
EOI for Software Tester

Can Software Tester (261314) apply for NSW, I heard only Victoria is the option?

My husband has filled his EOI last week for Vic under 261314 with 70 points.
Do we have other options? Do we stand a chance of getting state nominated for Software tester?
Now we are trying to get my ACS and PTE done, so that we can add 5 points to his EOI.

Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is going to be frustrating for me. I have 4 year and 9 months of experience including 1 year 7 months of Victoria experience. ACS deducted 4 years of my experience due non-cs Bachelor degree. I was still eligible till they raised points to 65 with (55+5). Further removed Streamlined process for VIC on 10th Sept. I tried PTE couple of times for 79 each but couldn't make it. Next is I will have 65(60+5) in March but don't know if they are going to amend rules further. Its been very frustrating till now. If anyone gets VIC invitation for 241314 after eoi date 10 sept please update. Just wanted to get view around it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts