Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

This is Vishal & I am from India. I have completed my graduation in Mechnical Engineering and I have around 9.8yrs of IT experience. In the IRR report, I secured 55 points & falling short of 5 points. The job title which matches my roles is Analyst Programmer-261311. I am opting for visa 190 subclass as I will gain 5 additional points to qualify through state nomination.

I have heard that with 190(State nomination) I will be confined to that particular state for 2 years. My concern is what if I do not get a job in this state which matches the title? Is it possible to move to the state where I find relevant job? Your help is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Team,

This is Vishal & I am from India. I have completed my graduation in Mechnical Engineering and I have around 9.8yrs of IT experience. In the IRR report, I secured 55 points & falling short of 5 points. The job title which matches my roles is Analyst Programmer-261311. I am opting for visa 190 subclass as I will gain 5 additional points to qualify through state nomination.

I have heard that with 190(State nomination) I will be confined to that particular state for 2 years. My concern is what if I do not get a job in this state which matches the title? Is it possible to move to the state where I find relevant job? Your help is highly appreciated.
Hi Vishal,

Firstly, when a state nominates you that means your job is in requirement list in their state and that is the primary reason for them to sponsor you so it would not be the case that you do not get a job there, but if unfortunately you do not get one then you may surely talk to the state government on your situation and if they feel you are genuinely not getting a job, they would allow you to move out. Remember, SS is not legal obligation but ethical.
Having said that, we are sailing in the same boat :) i have applied for skill assessment in subclass 190.
All the best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Simi for your response. Just wanted to check if the information was provided to you by a consultancy (OR) do you know any of your contact in Australia who is aware of this. I wanted to be doubly sure about this because I do not want to put my family in jeopardy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Simi for your response. Just wanted to check if the information was provided to you by a consultancy (OR) do you know any of your contact in Australia who is aware of this. I wanted to be doubly sure about this because I do not want to put my family in jeopardy.
Hi Vishal, I have got to know about this from my consultant and also i have read about this possibilities from many of my friends as well. Senior Expats can you add your opinion on this please..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts