Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I need some help regarding my 190 visa . I have applied 190 visa on behalf of my wife.

applied for software engineer - subclass 190 visa

here is the points breakdown.
age - 25 - 30 points
english - proficient - 10
qualification - btech - 15
state nomination - 5 ( Not yet received )
ACS DONE
Work exp - 3 years 10 months. However as per acs it says eligible to equate work after 2013 , that means work exp will be counted for 1 year 2 months.

Now my question is , am i eligible for state nomination now ,because we require total 60 points with state nomination .

And even if don't consider work exp , we get 55 points and with state nomination we make 60 .

And under skill select , it says The client's claims equal 65 points . i dont know why it says 65 points.

I am confused about , that if i am eligible or not now ,and is there any thing else to do in this case if i am missing some thing. as i have already submitted eoi on 6th may.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
||| You are Eligible for 190 |||

You would have to update your EOI based on your ACS letter.

IF you aren't going by ACS outcome, then you are over-claiming points for your experience. Visa filing with over-claimed points has serious consequences.

Over-claiming DIRECTLY results in VISA REFUSAL and NO REFUND.

Go through my following post on how to interpret ACS letter and update EOI for experience.

Just update your EOI based on ACS letter and your Points would come down to 60.

EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points

Visa-Refusal | Over-claimed Points

Hello

I need some help regarding my 190 visa . I have applied 190 visa on behalf of my wife.

applied for software engineer - subclass 190 visa

here is the points breakdown.
age - 25 - 30 points
english - proficient - 10
qualification - btech - 15
state nomination - 5 ( Not yet received )
ACS DONE
Work exp - 3 years 10 months. However as per acs it says eligible to equate work after 2013 , that means work exp will be counted for 1 year 2 months.

Now my question is , am i eligible for state nomination now ,because we require total 60 points with state nomination .

And even if don't consider work exp , we get 55 points and with state nomination we make 60 .

And under skill select , it says The client's claims equal 65 points . i dont know why it says 65 points.

I am confused about , that if i am eligible or not now ,and is there any thing else to do in this case if i am missing some thing. as i have already submitted eoi on 6th may.

Reactions: monrick05

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello .

Thanks a lot for the advise . I have updated the eoi and now it makes 60 points . I believe i am on the right track now.
I have a small query if you could please advise , Now i am not claiming any point from experience and total points are 60 including the state nomination. Do you think , i would be getting the nomination from the state now with 0 experience points now .

And if its difficult to avail state nomination now , so can i go for 489 provincial . Please provide your recommendation on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You have applied for which State?

OR

Just selected "Any/ALL" in your EOI?

Hello .

Thanks a lot for the advise . I have updated the eoi and now it makes 60 points . I believe i am on the right track now.
I have a small query if you could please advise , Now i am not claiming any point from experience and total points are 60 including the state nomination. Do you think , i would be getting the nomination from the state now with 0 experience points now .

And if its difficult to avail state nomination now , so can i go for 489 provincial . Please provide your recommendation on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

STATES prefer those Applicants who show interest in their STATE only AND NOT those who apply to ALL states for the sake of gaining 5 additional points.

I would suggest you to update your EOI and Select "NSW" and submit your EOI.

* Wait for NSW to send you an invite for applying for NSW SS Nomination (If selected).

* After that apply for NSW SS Nomination and IF NSW SS Nomination is approved then apply for VISA.

Hello.

I selected any/all . Is that right .

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
STATES prefer those Applicants who show interest in their STATE only AND NOT those who apply to ALL states for the sake of gaining 5 additional points.

I would suggest you to update your EOI and Select "NSW" and submit your EOI.

* Wait for NSW to send you an invite for applying for NSW SS Nomination (If selected).

* After that apply for NSW SS Nomination and IF NSW SS Nomination is approved then apply for VISA.
Okay thank you . I did as you suggested. I changed to nsw state.
Do you have any idea about the time frame , when can we expect the nomination from nsw state.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

I have limited understanding regarding the timeline for receiving an invite from NSW for Applying for Nomination based on your EOI.

There are 2 things:-

* FIRST your EOI has to be shortlisted (No idea regarding this time frame)

* THEN NSW would send you an Invite to apply for NSW SS Nomination (Processing time for this is 12 weeks, BUT have seen people receiving approvals in 4/6/8 weeks as well.)

* THEN finally, IF nominated, you apply for VISA.

Read the following for more details....

NSW State Sponsorship_FEB 2015

Okay thank you . I did as you suggested. I changed to nsw state.
Do you have any idea about the time frame , when can we expect the nomination from nsw state.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you so much for the expert advise. Appreciated

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello.

I have one more question , as i have already submitted eoi with nsw as preference . So will it make any difference if i apply for state nomination from nsw website as well.
Does that makes any sense ?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You CANNOT apply for NSW SS Nomination from their website. The process has changed recently (..I think from Feb 2015)

As stated in my earlier post.....Now the process for NSW is as follows:-

* FIRST you Submit your EOI

* SECOND Then based on the information in your EOI, NSW MIGHT invite you to apply for NSW SS Nomination by Email and provide you an link in it. This Invite is valid only for 14 days.

* THIRD you apply for NSW SS Nomination. (Processing time for this is 12 weeks, BUT have seen people receiving approvals in 4/6/8 weeks as well.)

* THEN finally, IF your Nomination is Approved, you apply for VISA.

Hello.

I have one more question , as i have already submitted eoi with nsw as preference . So will it make any difference if i apply for state nomination from nsw website as well.
Does that makes any sense ?

Originally Posted by Jeeten#80>
There are 2 things:-

* FIRST your EOI has to be shortlisted (No idea regarding this time frame)

* THEN NSW would send you an Invite to apply for NSW SS Nomination (Processing time for this is 12 weeks, BUT have seen people receiving approvals in 4/6/8 weeks as well.)

* THEN finally, IF nominated, you apply for VISA.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would have to update your EOI based on your ACS letter.

IF you aren't going by ACS outcome, then you are over-claiming points for your experience. Visa filing with over-claimed points has serious consequences.

Over-claiming DIRECTLY results in VISA REFUSAL and NO REFUND.

Go through my following post on how to interpret ACS letter and update EOI for experience.

Just update your EOI based on ACS letter and your Points would come down to 60.

EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points

Visa-Refusal | Over-claimed Points
Hello.

Good morning.

I have a question regarding this visa. Today i got the invite from NSW , however when i login to the eoi website , under skill select i dont see any invite under correspondence .
And the email that i received , from that link it can be open and it says this invite is linked to your eoi .
Please tell me is it normal , is the invite that i received is from the right authority . Because at the bottom of the page it says pay now. after submitting documents and information.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Answered your query via PM.

Hello.

Good morning.

I have a question regarding this visa. Today i got the invite from NSW , however when i login to the eoi website , under skill select i dont see any invite under correspondence .
And the email that i received , from that link it can be open and it says this invite is linked to your eoi .
Please tell me is it normal , is the invite that i received is from the right authority . Because at the bottom of the page it says pay now. after submitting documents and information.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts