Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I am having 190 Visa under NSW sponsorship.
I made my first entry in Australia in Nov 2016 to fulfil immigration condition of 1st entry before 1 year & then I left Australia to continue my previous job in other country. I finally shifted to Australia in May 2017.

I want to know as follows :

1. To fulfill 190 visa condition of 2 years stay in sponsored state, my 2 years would be considered from my first entry in Nov 2016 or my final shifting in May 2017?

2. I believe PR holders can apply for Aus citizenship 4 years after.
In my case, to become Australian Citizen, would I be eligible 4 years from Nov 2016 or from May 2017?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Dear All,
I am having 190 Visa under NSW sponsorship.
I made my first entry in Australia in Nov 2016 to fulfil immigration condition of 1st entry before 1 year & then I left Australia to continue my previous job in other country. I finally shifted to Australia in May 2017.

I want to know as follows :

1. To fulfill 190 visa condition of 2 years stay in sponsored state, my 2 years would be considered from my first entry in Nov 2016 or my final shifting in May 2017?

2. I believe PR holders can apply for Aus citizenship 4 years after.
In my case, to become Australian Citizen, would I be eligible 4 years from Nov 2016 or from May 2017?
1. The condition is to live and work for first 2 years so, no, time since Nov 2016 won't count.

2. One of the conditions for citizenship says "[you] have been living in Australia for 4 years". I don't think your short visit followed by a 6 months gap would pass this rule.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.
I was expecting same response. Just wanted to double check.

However, I doubt the rule is 2 years of "work", its rather just "stay". state sponsor visa allows people to do business too. i know many people who took much longer to get into employment here after landing. so 2 years stay and 2 years work is not same for many of immigrants.

For citizenship, I believe the rule will be about having min. day stay in Country & if someone fulfil it by taking no holidays outside Australia or minimum holidays outside Australia, the condition can still be fulfilled.

For example, In Canada rule states that one must stay for 1000 days in 5 years ( I can assure this as I am Canada PR holder too). Being Commonwealth nation, I believe rules would be similar in Australia & Canada. I mean to say staying outside country for 6 month in first year is not most desired but still should not be a road block if I catch up eventually by staying longer inside country.

And for immigration also, they consider date of first entry rather than date for final migration.. just my thoughts, what you think?

Thanks...

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
However, I doubt the rule is 2 years of "work", its rather just "stay".
From NSW Skilled nominated migration (190):
• Candidates nominated by NSW need to agree to live and work in NSW for at least their first two years in Australia while holding this visa.
For citizenship, I believe the rule will be about having min. day stay in Country & if someone fulfil it by taking no holidays outside Australia or minimum holidays outside Australia, the condition can still be fulfilled.
Theoretically it seems so, and you never know- you might as well succeed with this approach, but what if they ask for evidence of "having lived" - a rental agreement, utility bills, etc. during processing of your citizenship application?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Moving to another state with 190?

Hi friends,

If i were under 190 NSW /Vic , am i to live and work in that state for the first 2 years for sure/? Can i not live in another state due to other reasons?

pls advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts