Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, im new to this and looking for some help with our visa.

We are waiting for a nomination from the state of WA for the 190 Skilled migration visa. We scored 65 points on the points test. We have a migration agent who is great but I just wanted to find out from you guys about processing times.

I have been looking over some threads on different websites and the processing times seem very fast so im concerned why we are so delayed when we have so little time left!!

My partner is a bricklayer, he got 8 in the English test IELTS and has completed his TRA test and passed. We have all documents ready to go but we have been delayed the last 4 weeks waiting for a nomination to apply to WA state. Our agent has been following it up for us as have I as to see what the delay is.

Our problem is that our WHV runs out on the 26th of October 2013.

Do we have the time to get the app in to WA State and apply to DIAC and go on a bridging visa????

We are so worried because we are trying to figure out if we will have the time to get the app in to DIAC and go on a bridging or have to leave the country.

We have the option of the holiday visa but we cannot work on this visa.

Any help on your processing times for your 190 visa would be appreciated. Any if you could let me know what your occupation was.

Thanks so much guys. Worried Dora :eek::fingerscrossed:

G

·
Almost no chance I would think and its unlikely you would get a tourist visa after a WHV and if you did, then went on to bridging visa when you applied you still wouldn't have the right to work as the bridging visa carries the same conditions as the visa prior.

Do you qualify for a second WHV or have you done that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for your reply.

Have you done the 190 visa yourself? What was the processing times from nomination by WA to getting the visa in to DIAC and going on a bridging visa?

We are on our second WHV, everything was going so well over the last six months getting docs together and doing the tra and ielts etc and we though we might just do it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello Guys,

I went through many links, forums and other sources but couldn't find a way to get connect with ppl who are planning to relocate to South Australia in near future.

So started the below spreadsheet to know each other at various stages of relocation to South Australia. This will even help to find sharing accommodation which will economically to support jobless life. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9oX2RnbnEyd04yazRkNER5OWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

G

·
Hey thanks for your reply.

Have you done the 190 visa yourself? What was the processing times from nomination by WA to getting the visa in to DIAC and going on a bridging visa?

We are on our second WHV, everything was going so well over the last six months getting docs together and doing the tra and ielts etc and we though we might just do it.
I applied for a spouse visa so different but see on here others applying all the time. Given its only a short time till your visa expires it could mean leaving the country and going home.

Even if WA come back tomorrow saying yes so you can make EOI there is no saying you will get an invite and apply by the 26th. DIAC are pretty suspect of people applying for tourist visas in country after such a long stay. In that you have been there 2 years already and are trying to live in the country without the correct visa and are a high risk of working illegally. Personally I'd have done tra and all that before going to save time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shel, It does look like we will be going back home for a time then :(

We might have a look at applying for a holiday visa to come back and travel auz in the future then. We understand the conditions of the holiday visa.

We have the tra and all that complete. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost no chance I would think and its unlikely you would get a tourist visa after a WHV and if you did, then went on to bridging visa when you applied you still wouldn't have the right to work as the bridging visa carries the same conditions as the visa prior.

Do you qualify for a second WHV or have you done that?

Great news yesterday the 19.10.11, we have been granted our bridging visa, we are so excited, we just got it in the nick of time as the WHV expire on the 26th of this month. Lets hope all goes good with the CO.

Be positive and believe and it will happen :clap2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts