Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I got an ACT state sponsorship last July and applied for 190 instantly. Unfortunately, still don't have any response from my case officer other than health check. Anyone with the same issue? Or anyone knows how long is the processing takes?

·
Registered
23,945 Posts
Hello everyone

I got an ACT state sponsorship last July and applied for 190 instantly. Unfortunately, still don't have any response from my case officer other than health check. Anyone with the same issue? Or anyone knows how long is the processing takes?
Currently the processing time of 190 visa is nearly a year

Long periods with no CO contact is the norm in most applications

You have to wait patiently for next CO contact or grant

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not an offshore applicant. I've been living and studying in Canberra for over 10 years. The period you are talking about is for offshore.

·
Registered
23,945 Posts
I am not an offshore applicant. I've been living and studying in Canberra for over 10 years. The period you are talking about is for offshore.
Official DIBP announcements do not differentiate between the 2 categories

If you feel that your application will be processed much faster as you are onshore, so be it

Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello everyone

Average lead-time at the moment is around 10 months. Don't worry if you have submitted yours less than 9 months ago :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Official DIBP announcements do not differentiate between the 2 categories

If you feel that your application will be processed much faster as you are onshore, so be it

Cheers
I am not even going to argue with you because everything is on their website. Keep believing what you want.

·
Registered
23,945 Posts
I am not even going to argue with you because everything is on their website. Keep believing what you want.
If you are so sure of the facts, I fail to understand why you posted the question in the first place ?

In fact you should be advising other members on the same

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts