Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends, would you be so kind to help me? I am trying to figure out the latest date for my partner to take the English test.

I'm going to apply for 190 visa (with 55 points). From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, here is the sequence of actions:
  1. EOI for 190 visa
  2. EOI for state nomination
    1. Receive invitation and apply for state nomination in 14 days
    2. Wait 12 weeks for state nomination to be issued
  3. Apply for 190 visa in 60 days (is that so? Or do I have to apply within a different time frame?)
    1. Wait 6 months for 190 visa to be issued
    2. Activate the visa in 1 year
Here's the question: what is the latest date my partner can take IELTS? We'd like to have as much time as possible for her to prepare, and we also don't want to pay the second installment :wof:

I guess that once I lodge the visa (step 3 above), we won't be able to provide evidence of functional English for my partner, am I right?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Process for Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa is different for different States.

For NSW / VIC / Any Other State - you have to submit EOI for 190 and IF you are only applying for NSW / VIC / Any Other State SS then answer the following Question as:-

Preferred locations within Australia
* In which State or Territory would the client be interested in seeking nomination
from? - ANS - NSW / VIC / State that you are applying for

After this Process is different for VIC and NSW....

VIC SS Process:

* Submit EOI
* Then on liveinvictoria website apply for VIC SS Nomination
* After your Nomination is approved (12 weeks processing time), you will receive an email from VIC Dept and DIBP
* Apply for 190 Visa and wait for 2-4 months for Grant
* Activate the visa before IED indicated in VISA Grant letter (in most of the cases it is based on PCC and MEDICALS).

NSW SS Process:

* Submit EOI
* Wait for NSW Dept to send you an invite (based on information provided in EOI) and then apply for state nomination in 14 days
* After your Nomination is approved (12 weeks processing time), you will receive an email from NSW Dept and DIBP
* Apply for 190 Visa and wait for 2-4 months for Grant
* Activate the visa before IED indicated in VISA Grant letter (in most of the cases it is based on PCC and MEDICALS).

Regarding Functional English | Latest date your partner can take IELTS is:

1) After you lodge your VISA online. As the results would be out in 13 calender days.

OR

2) After CO*** asks for it (provided you have immediate slot available for IELTS). CO gives us 28 days to submit the missing documents. Provided you are confident that your Partner would crack the required score easily.

***CO is assigned to our application in 50-60 days of time after VISA application is lodged online (the current trend based on data available in this forum)

Dear friends, would you be so kind to help me? I am trying to figure out the latest date for my partner to take the English test.

I'm going to apply for 190 visa (with 55 points). From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, here is the sequence of actions:
  1. EOI for 190 visa
  2. EOI for state nomination
    1. Receive invitation and apply for state nomination in 14 days
    2. Wait 12 weeks for state nomination to be issued
  3. Apply for 190 visa in 60 days (is that so? Or do I have to apply within a different time frame?)
    1. Wait 6 months for 190 visa to be issued
    2. Activate the visa in 1 year
Here's the question: what is the latest date my partner can take IELTS? We'd like to have as much time as possible for her to prepare, and we also don't want to pay the second installment :wof:

I guess that once I lodge the visa (step 3 above), we won't be able to provide evidence of functional English for my partner, am I right?

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: c0da

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jeetendra.

One more question: for NSW, will I have 60 days to lodge my visa after receiving the nomination from the state?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Yes, you will have 60 days to lodge your VISA application.

Thanks, Jeetendra.

One more question: for NSW, will I have 60 days to lodge my visa after receiving the nomination from the state?

Reactions: c0da
1 - 4 of 4 Posts