Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have received an invitation from QLD to apply for nomination. They require settlement funds to be shown to the tune of 40000 AUD. Of this, there is a 15000 AUD mandatory cash component. Can I use Term deposits that mature in April 2019 as part of the cash component?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi! I have received an invitation from QLD to apply for nomination. They require settlement funds to be shown to the tune of 40000 AUD. Of this, there is a 15000 AUD mandatory cash component. Can I use Term deposits that mature in April 2019 as part of the cash component?
Hi Abhishek,

Yes, you can provide term deposits to fulfil the mandatory cash component. Here is the official link for confirmation https://migration.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Settlement-Funds_skilled.pdf

On another note, what skill did you apply for? Could you provide some details regarding how long it took for them to invite you? Your total points etc.?

Cheers,

Ali

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Abhishek,

Yes, you can provide term deposits to fulfil the mandatory cash component. Here is the official link for confirmation

On another note, what skill did you apply for? Could you provide some details regarding how long it took for them to invite you? Your total points etc.?

Cheers,

Ali
Thank you for the info Ali.

I applied for ANZSCO 233913 "Biomedical Engineer". The EOI was lodged on 2nd July and we received the invite to submit documents on 6th July. Points - 65 (including SS).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thank you for the info Ali.

I applied for ANZSCO 233913 "Biomedical Engineer". The EOI was lodged on 2nd July and we received the invite to submit documents on 6th July. Points - 65 (including SS).
That was quick!! Congrats!! I believe you can show term deposit with maturity date...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts