Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys!

For engineers that want to apply under 190 visa in QLD the BPEQ registration is needed.
I have the EA assessment and would like to know if someone on the forum did the registration.

Is it hard?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good morning guys!

For engineers that want to apply under 190 visa in QLD the BPEQ registration is needed.

I have the EA assessment and would like to know if someone on the forum did the registration.

Is it hard?

I am also wondering.
As I asked to EA, I need to register as NER further.... to get a letter to BPEQ.

What is your occupation? Are you going to prepare it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am also wondering.
As I asked to EA, I need to register as NER further.... to get a letter to BPEQ.

I am Mechanical Engineer and I don't know if I have all the requisites.
According to BPEQ's website, you need 3-5 years of experience in the occupation and I don't have it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
So a positive assessment from EA isnt enough to apply for registration to BPEQ?

Do we need to apply for BPEQ for another assessment after assessed by NER? Or would getting a positive assessment frim NER be enough for registration to BPEQ?

They are making things more complicated every year.. if so, we are gonna have to pay 550 for NER and another 270 for BPEQ..

Not to mention we have already written narratives and stuff for EA assessment..

I am also wondering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So a positive assessment from EA isnt enough to apply for registration to BPEQ?

Do we need to apply for BPEQ for another assessment after assessed by NER? Or would getting a positive assessment frim NER be enough for registration to BPEQ?

They are making things more complicated every year.. if so, we are gonna have to pay 550 for NER and another 270 for BPEQ..

Not to mention we have already written narratives and stuff for EA assessment..

MSA Assessment is NOT enough for BPEQ Resgistration as my understanding is correct. We need to register NER. So, it is true that we have to pay another 550+270...
Do you know about NER?

·
Registered
425 Posts
MSA Assessment is NOT enough for BPEQ Resgistration as my understanding is correct. We need to register NER. So, it is true that we have to pay another 550+270...
Do you know about NER?

I haven't the faintest notion about it mate. But as far as I understand we need to prepare something like we had for the msa assessment just it includes video or phone interview as well..from what I have read so far..

It is explained on ea webpage but couldn't bother to read further as I am still at the pte academic stage..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't the faintest notion about it mate. But as far as I understand we need to prepare something like we had for the msa assessment just it includes video or phone interview as well..from what I have read so far..

It is explained on ea webpage but couldn't bother to read further as I am still at the pte academic stage..

Same as me... i am at PTE stage as well.
It's true we have to get the interview even for referees...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Same as me... i am at PTE stage as well.
It's true we have to get the interview even for referees...

For referee we can obtain a statutory declaration if we don't have any, in my case my manager who is a technologist once said the difference between a technologists and engineer was only the ability to speak english..so take it from there..

·
Registered
22 Posts
For referee we can obtain a statutory declaration if we don't have any, in my case my manager who is a technologist once said the difference between a technologists and engineer was only the ability to speak english..so take it from there..

Oh I have referees who can speak english so it is not the though thing to get referees.
By the way, do you know about the skype interview? Is it general things about my career? I am worried the most about it..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh I have referees who can speak english so it is not the though thing to get referees.
By the way, do you know about the skype interview? Is it general things about my career? I am worried the most about it..

I am just wild guessing it is about the questions in the cdr. There was a link about the requirement and the process on the Queenslands page but that link didn't work. On the other hand I saw a feedback from one of the customers who wrote on that page in order to thank for the support given by them as to what he or she needs to do, or what kind of preparations need to be done etc. it was on Queensland boarders of engineers website if you go through the pages..

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am just wild guessing it is about the questions in the cdr. There was a link about the requirement and the process on the Queenslands page but that link didn't work. On the other hand I saw a feedback from one of the customers who wrote on that page in order to thank for the support given by them as to what he or she needs to do, or what kind of preparations need to be done etc. it was on Queensland boarders of engineers website if you go through the pages..

It might be to assess if you prepared the cdr..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey so much thanks !
Let me check the link.
And, I don't prepare CDR since I got washington accord.. Have you done your Migration skills assessment?

Yea I have done it.

Take a look at this link too..

·
Registered
425 Posts
I took a quick look of it. The table shows their criteria for NER.
It seems like that they sell various certificates...

Plus you need plus five year experience in the last seven years to be eligible..

·
Registered
425 Posts
Plus you need plus five year experience in the last seven years to be eligible..

I guess you need to register to professional engineering, not national engineering. I mean thats what i got from whats written on ea website..

1 - 20 of 911 Posts