Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for NSW state nomination with 60 points (65 with SS), under software engineer category.
After 6 months, I am yet to receive an invitation.
I have been working under the same employer for the last 5 years, so I added the experience as a single entry in EOI form. Even though my employment is within the same department (engineering), my job title updated.
Software engineer, -> Senior Software Engineer, ->Tech Lead.
Does these have to be separate entries or a single entry. Job role involves software application development but Tech Lead has a little bit of management work too.

Will adding multiple rows in EOI give me some kind of an advantage, because it shows the progress within the organization.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
I applied for NSW state nomination with 60 points (65 with SS), under software engineer category.
After 6 months, I am yet to receive an invitation.
I have been working under the same employer for the last 5 years, so I added the experience as a single entry in EOI form. Even though my employment is within the same department (engineering), my job title updated.
Software engineer, -> Senior Software Engineer, ->Tech Lead.
Does these have to be separate entries or a single entry. Job role involves software application development but Tech Lead has a little bit of management work too.

Will adding multiple rows in EOI give me some kind of an advantage, because it shows the progress within the organization.

Thanks in advance.
When have you got your assessment done with ACS ?
What does ACS letter show ?
1 designation or multiple ?
Any role change after ACS assessment ?

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When have you got your assessment done with ACS ?
What does ACS letter show ?
1 designation or multiple ?
Any role change after ACS assessment ?

Cheers
Thank you so much for the reply.
ACS shows single designation as I requested it that way. But if having multiple designation changes adds value, I am willing to re apply for ACS with all designation changes.
Since it is a point based system, I thought the entire employment experience would account for same amount of recognition.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply.
ACS shows single designation as I requested it that way. But if having multiple designation changes adds value, I am willing to re apply for ACS with all designation changes.
Since it is a point based system, I thought the entire employment experience would account for same amount of recognition.
Thanks again.
Please reply to all the points as asked

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please reply to all the points as asked

Cheers
Hi,
Adding same designation or multiple designations will result in the same point score; 60.
If it were 189 EOI, I am sure, it would be the same since, the point score is the only deciding factor. But 190 is not entirely points based, some people gets invitations early. So will breaking up designations help in this EOI type?

Hope I am clear. :)

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Hi,
Adding same designation or multiple designations will result in the same point score; 60.
If it were 189 EOI, I am sure, it would be the same since, the point score is the only deciding factor. But 190 is not entirely points based, some people gets invitations early. So will breaking up designations help in this EOI type?

Hope I am clear. :)
Best wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts