Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A quick question, I submitted my EOI for 190 (261313) but I was told by my friend that I need to upload my resume for 190. During my EOI, nowhere I was prompted to upload one and neither do I see an option now to upload it.

Do we have to submit the resume only after the invite from NSW or Is there any option to upload the resume while the EOI is in submitted state ?

Also, Is there any required format for the CV if I have to submit one later which ofcourse is contingent on the invite !

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Hi All,

A quick question, I submitted my EOI for 190 (261313) but I was told by my friend that I need to upload my resume for 190. During my EOI, nowhere I was prompted to upload one and neither do I see an option now to upload it.

Do we have to submit the resume only after the invite from NSW or Is there any option to upload the resume while the EOI is in submitted state ?

Also, Is there any required format for the CV if I have to submit one later which ofcourse is contingent on the invite !

Thanks.
You have to submit the CV and all documents directly to NSW once you get the pre invite from them

NSW have not given any specific format for CV (Please recheck) and if so, you may use the VIC site format. I presume it should work

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to submit the CV and all documents directly to NSW once you get the pre invite from them

NSW have not given any specific format for CV (Please recheck) and if so, you may use the VIC site format. I presume it should work

Cheers
Thanks Newbienz, I really appreciate you taking time to help all the newbies like me.

btw I lodged my application with 65points but my experience crosses 5 yr mark by Jul 1st. I reckon my points will raise to 70 and so is the EOI date but unfortunately I understand my seniority in the queue is lot. Any idea how long these pre-invites take ? i.e. now or when my points get updated in July.

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Thanks Newbienz, I really appreciate you taking time to help all the newbies like me.

btw I lodged my application with 65points but my experience crosses 5 yr mark by Jul 1st. I reckon my points will raise to 70 and so is the EOI date but unfortunately I understand my seniority in the queue is lot. Any idea how long these pre-invites take ? i.e. now or when my points get updated in July.
Pre invites time depends on your ANZSCO code

If your skills are in demand, applicants are sent the preinvite in a couple of days even with 55 points and if not, then people have been waiting for several months without any invitation having higher points

Whats your ANZSCO Code

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pre invites time depends on your ANZSCO code

If your skills are in demand, applicants are sent the preinvite in a couple of days even with 55 points and if not, then people have been waiting for several months without any invitation having higher points

Whats your ANZSCO Code

Cheers
261313, Software Engineer.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
261313, Software Engineer.

Please post your points table

NSW supposedly gives a lot of weightage to English skills
What's your English score?

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please post your points table

NSW supposedly gives a lot of weightage to English skills
What's your English score?

Cheers
Age -30
Edu - 15
Exp - 5 (as of now, should be 10 by July)
Eng - 10( L-80/R-69/S-67/W-7)
EOI - 06/01/2017

I can try for 79 in PTE, I wss interrupted by the centre guy when I was giving my exam. I messed up couple of questions and lost some precious time because of that. Otherwise. Speaking score would have been better.

Do you think I should redo PTE and try for 20 pts? My score may go to 75 for 189 and 80 for 190. I keep wondering if 65 after July is sufficient for an invite considering the current trend and spike in applications.

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Age -30
Edu - 15
Exp - 5 (as of now, should be 10 by July)
Eng - 10( L-80/R-69/S-67/W-7)
EOI - 06/01/2017

I can try for 79 in PTE, I wss interrupted by the centre guy when I was giving my exam. I messed up couple of questions and lost some precious time because of that. Otherwise. Speaking score would have been better.

Do you think I should redo PTE and try for 20 pts? My score may go to 75 for 189 and 80 for 190. I keep wondering if 65 after July is sufficient for an invite considering the current trend and spike in applications.

With 65 points you can reasonably expect an invite in 2/3 months after your points increase

If you are confident that you can get 20 points in PTEA, give it a shot.
It's a risk worth taking.
You will be guaranteed a. Invite in the 1st Round itself in July itself

Worst come worst by October, I am pretty sure you will have an invite even with 65 points

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With 65 points you can reasonably expect an invite in 2/3 months after your points increase

If you are confident that you can get 20 points in PTEA, give it a shot.
It's a risk worth taking.
You will be guaranteed a. Invite in the 1st Round itself in July itself

Worst come worst by October, I am pretty sure you will have an invite even with 65 points

Cheers
Yes, I'm preparing for it. I'm confident with Listening, Writing and Speaking but I find reading very challenging primarily due to the clock. Probably with practice I can nail it. I see you scored 20 on your first attempt which is kind of cool, what did you do for reading and speaking?

Thank you so much my friend. I once again appreciate you for helping out the forum members.

·
Registered
23,844 Posts
Yes, I'm preparing for it. I'm confident with Listening, Writing and Speaking but I find reading very challenging primarily due to the clock. Probably with practice I can nail it. I see you scored 20 on your first attempt which is kind of cool, what did you do for reading and speaking?

Thank you so much my friend. I once again appreciate you for helping out the forum members.

I used the E2 paid package and the PTE paid course material
Other then that nothing much to write about

I had only a couple of days to give the test due to my work pressure

I also had the advantage of giving the exam in NZ a where I presume the facilities and the atmosphere was much more conducive compared to India

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used the E2 paid package and the PTE paid course material
Other then that nothing much to write about

I had only a couple of days to give the test due to my work pressure

I also had the advantage of giving the exam in NZ a where I presume the facilities and the atmosphere was much more conducive compared to India

Cheers
Thanks buddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts