Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Please let me know whether all documents need to be notarized or not. As per the document checklist of immi.gov, for some documents like passport, it says "Scanned colour copies of the biographical pages of the current passports". Does this mean the original scanned copy or scanned copy after notarization. In other cases it says "Certified scanned copy". This clearly means notarized scanned copy. For Police clearance, it says "Police certificates are the exception. You must provide original police certificates with your application." Since i am not sending the hard copy, dont i have to notarize to prove its original?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
a) Where it says "Scanned Colour Copies" IT means that Scanned copies of Original documents (which are in Colour) only AND NOT scanned copy after notarization.
For ORIGINAL's which are in BLACK and WHITE - Then get these documents Certified and then Colour Scan them.

b) Police Certificates - Colour Scan the ORIGINAL Police Certificate and upload.

Hi Guys,

Please let me know whether all documents need to be notarized or not. As per the document checklist of immi.gov, for some documents like passport, it says "Scanned colour copies of the biographical pages of the current passports". Does this mean the original scanned copy or scanned copy after notarization. In other cases it says "Certified scanned copy". This clearly means notarized scanned copy. For Police clearance, it says "Police certificates are the exception. You must provide original police certificates with your application." Since i am not sending the hard copy, dont i have to notarize to prove its original?

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jeeten. i have already scanned a number of notarized docs. will it be a problem if i submit them anyway?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Out of these scanned Notarized documents, IF the originals are in Color then its better to scan the originals in color and use them instead. IF NOT then use the Color Scanned Notarized documents.

ALL depends on what is the requirement.

thanks Jeeten. i have already scanned a number of notarized docs. will it be a problem if i submit them anyway?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts