Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I currently used to hold a Student Visa, to which I was able to clear with 65 points and applied for an 189 Permanent Residency visa on December 21st with all the necessary documents. The CO ended up getting back to me on January 24th stating that I had submitted an Australian police clearance with not the full name of my passport, and thus I ended up sending a clearance with my full name.

It's been six months since I have applied and I haven't received any details back about my application. I contacted the email ID of the migration centre responsible for my application, but I haven't gotten any reply from them. Does anyone know what I should do? I'm living in Australia with a Bridging Visa A and I'm freaking out now.. :/

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Good evening all,

I currently used to hold a Student Visa, to which I was able to clear with 65 points and applied for an 189 Permanent Residency visa on December 21st with all the necessary documents. The CO ended up getting back to me on January 24th stating that I had submitted an Australian police clearance with not the full name of my passport, and thus I ended up sending a clearance with my full name.

It's been six months since I have applied and I haven't received any details back about my application. I contacted the email ID of the migration centre responsible for my application, but I haven't gotten any reply from them. Does anyone know what I should do? I'm living in Australia with a Bridging Visa A and I'm freaking out now.. :/
It's just 5 months and you are freaking out, just think of the people who have been waiting patiently for more then 14 months.

Do some yoga and pursue your hobbies. Take your mind away from the visa.
Till when is your bridging visa A valid ?
Is it renewable?
Maybe if you email the CO about your problem in maintaining a legitimate stay in Australia, your visa may be expedited

Taking undue stress will not expedite the visa grant

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just 5 months and you are freaking out, just think of the people who have been waiting patiently for more then 14 months.

Do some yoga and pursue your hobbies. Take your mind away from the visa.
Till when is your bridging visa A valid ?
Is it renewable?
Maybe if you email the CO about your problem in maintaining a legitimate stay in Australia, your visa may be expedited

Taking undue stress will not expedite the visa grant

Cheers
I didn't intend to act arrogant, I just legitimately asked for peer opinion since I had a straight-forward application and I had been waiting longer than the recommended time, hence why I was worried if it was unusual or not.

I had emailed the CO asking if there were any further documents that were needed but had no response or reply. I did not intend to act like I wanted my visa grant expedited, I was just concerned if it usually took that long or not.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I didn't intend to act arrogant, I just legitimately asked for peer opinion since I had a straight-forward application and I had been waiting longer than the recommended time, hence why I was worried if it was unusual or not.

I had emailed the CO asking if there were any further documents that were needed but had no response or reply. I did not intend to act like I wanted my visa grant expedited, I was just concerned if it usually took that long or not.
Emailing them won't help as Dibp saiddont email , just click on information provided button

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.