Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I and my wife wrote IELTS exam recently. My wife managed to score 7 in all the bands. I fell short in writing by 0.5. Both of us are software engineers with around 9 + years of exp. If she manages to get a positive skills assessment from ACS with 5 years exp, she will get 65 points. I am thinking of make her the main applicant for 189 visa.

Given this scenario, if Visa is granted, can I go to Australia before her to find a job? I wouldn't prefer my wife to go there alone. We cannot go together, due to financial constraints.

Please let me know if it is ok for me to go first, even though my wife is the main applicant. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello friends,

I and my wife wrote IELTS exam recently. My wife managed to score 7 in all the bands. I fell short in writing by 0.5. Both of us are software engineers with around 9 + years of exp. If she manages to get a positive skills assessment from ACS with 5 years exp, she will get 65 points. I am thinking of make her the main applicant for 189 visa.

Given this scenario, if Visa is granted, can I go to Australia before her to find a job? I wouldn't prefer my wife to go there alone. We cannot go together, due to financial constraints.

Please let me know if it is ok for me to go first, even though my wife is the main applicant. Thanks for your suggestions.
Ya.. its fine that one of you can go before the other one as long as nothing is mentioned on the grant letter. but both of you should enter Oz on or before the initial entry date.
all the best!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya.. its fine that one of you can go before the other one as long as nothing is mentioned on the grant letter. but both of you should enter Oz on or before the initial entry date.
all the best!

Thanks terminator1. Is it common for grant letter to contain such clauses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live with my wife in NSW under 457 visa and have submitted my EOI for visa 189 and 190 ( me being primary applicant) and waiting for invitation to apply.

We are in process of getting PCC from Australia and India to speed up the process ,
My wife has a travel plans and she is going overseas, thus we are hoping to get the invitation before she travels so that she can get Bridging Visa-B and can travel.
But in case if the invitation arrives after she travels then how can I include her in my application .
is it mandatory for my wife to be present here in Australia,or she can be at overseas and I can still include her in my application.
And she can come back to Australia once the PR is approved
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts