Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have submitted my 189 VISA application yesterday. But I have not yet submitted any documents along with. I understand that form 80 and 1221 needs to be attached to the main application, and other supporting documents like passport, education, work details related documents to each applicant as applicable.

I have a few questions as below:

1> What would be the time-frame before which Form 80, 1221 need to be uploaded?

2> Before how many days after lodging the application, other supporting documents like passport, education, work details etc need to be uploaded?

3> When to go for medicals?

4> Documents for each application in my 'E-lodgement' shows mostly all documents and 'Progress' shows as 'Recommended'. This includes, document related to 'Australian work experience' though I have mentioned 'NO' in my application.

Is it okay to ignore such documents not applicable (Indeed, I cannot provide those documents !!) to me?

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions and advice.

Regards,
Mathews

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi All,

I have submitted my 189 VISA application yesterday. But I have not yet submitted any documents along with. I understand that form 80 and 1221 needs to be attached to the main application, and other supporting documents like passport, education, work details related documents to each applicant as applicable.

2> Before how many days after lodging the application, other supporting documents like passport, education, work details etc need to be uploaded?

4> Documents for each application in my 'E-lodgement' shows mostly all documents and 'Progress' shows as 'Recommended'. This includes, document related to 'Australian work experience' though I have mentioned 'NO' in my application.

Is it okay to ignore such documents not applicable (Indeed, I cannot provide those documents !!) to me?

Regards,
Mathews
I have same quiry, please response dear friends. I Also apply 2 days before but not uploaded any documents.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Answers in bold below:

Hi All,

It is generally better to complete all document submission before Case Officer is assigned in about 45 to 60 days. So you do have time. No need to rush and upload everything immediately. Make double and triple sure before uploading because you cannot edit, change or delete any submissions. They permanently become a part of your visa application submission.

See above answer.

Anytime before case officer is assigned, preferably.

Perfectly fine to ignore sections that don't apply to you. And there WILL be some sections that don't apply like Australian Experience for example.

Regards,
Mathews

Reactions: laju1984

·
Registered
526 Posts
By the way, Form 80 is not mandatory. You can wait for CO to request it. But some people are pre-uploading it before CO assignment so that their case is expedited.

I don't know what is Form 1221. I don't see it in my doc checklist. ??

·
Registered
737 Posts
By the way, Form 80 is not mandatory. You can wait for CO to request it. But some people are pre-uploading it before CO assignment so that their case is expedited.

I don't know what is Form 1221. I don't see it in my doc checklist. ??

It is a subset of Form 80. It is not mandatory i guess, I submitted Form 80 as I had foreign trips. but didnt upload Form 1221.

Any way, here is the form if you need - https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1221.pdf

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi All,

Regards,
Mathews

You can do medicals after the CO is assigned too. The reason why some people are not doing PCC and Medicals upfront is to get a longer Initial Entry Date (IED) as IED depends on Medical / PCC date. So if you are planning to migrate soon and you are not worried about IED, then you can do your Medicals earlier .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Fellow forum members,

I have a question about the documents to be submitted while visa lodge. Should we only submits the employment details of those companies/experience which I am gaining points from or Should I submit entire set of documents (even of those companies which I am not gaining points in experience session in ACS).

I have worked in 8 companies, and as per ACS they considered only 5 companies as my relevant experience. I don't want it to be cluttered for the CO with lot of unnecessary documents, if it is not required, hence asking this question.

Kindly share your experience and knowledge here.

Regards,
Nithin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts