Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have been working for many years into a new career which allows me to achieve enough points and to be on the skilled list. I currently have 65 points (I am a Secondary School Teacher) and was about to submit my EOI.

I have just read up that I need 70 points for the 189 visa? Is this correct? To say I am upset is a massive understatement? Any offer some help/advice.

Thank you

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have been working for many years into a new career which allows me to achieve enough points and to be on the skilled list. I currently have 65 points (I am a Secondary School Teacher) and was about to submit my EOI.

I have just read up that I need 70 points for the 189 visa? Is this correct? To say I am upset is a massive understatement? Any offer some help/advice.

Thank you
You can still apply with 60 points
Till last year your job code would have got invited in the next available round even with 60 points as there were too few applicants and many more available invites.

But this year due to the restrictions on the overall number of invites, the non pro rata categories are seeing very few invites

I don't think you need to be disheartened
File the EOI with 65 points, I think you should get invited soon as the overall invites increase

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts