Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an invitation to apply 189 and for 4 members (including me) of my family, it costs 4 lakhs, for which a credit card transaction is not possible for me. I plan to get a Kotak bank's travel card to load 8500 AUD for paying it.

However, Is Travel cards isued by private banks such as Kotak will be allowed for 189 visa payment online?

Could some one suggest before I proceed with Kotak.

Thanks,
Muthukumar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, Does any one have idea in paying with travel cards?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,
I have an invitation to apply 189 and for 4 members (including me) of my family, it costs 4 lakhs, for which a credit card transaction is not possible for me. I plan to get a Kotak bank's travel card to load 8500 AUD for paying it.

However, Is Travel cards isued by private banks such as Kotak will be allowed for 189 visa payment online?

Thanks,
Muthukumar.
I have used HDFC multi currency Forex card to make the payment. I'm aware that you can make the payment using HDFC/ICICI/AXIS bank cards, but not sure/heard about Kotak travel card before. What is the exchange rate they are giving for AUD?

Reactions: muthuP

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are just another bank. and they offer +1 per AUD when they sell and -1 when they buy.
The travel card I mention is a forex card. Hope then it will go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shorefisher,
Wouldn't Visa Debit cards serve this purpose. Have you given any try.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Shorefisher,
Wouldn't Visa Debit cards serve this purpose. Have you given any try.
This is an expensive option. Credit card and debit cards carry international transaction charges of 3.5%, so don't go this route unless you are unable to manage a forex card.

Reactions: muthuP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
Muthukumar.
Hi muthuP,

Were you success full with your attempt with Kotak Travel card. Please confirm
that it works as i also applied for the same.

Thanks,
Miaann

1 - 7 of 7 Posts